Respected Contributor

Does anyone use a respirator when using chemicals to clean the bathroom or any other room in the house?

I never have but saw this video and it made me think maybe it's a good idea.

http://videos.komando.com/watch/6417/kims-picks-speedy-way-to-clean-your-tub-using-one-awesome-tool...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone use a respirator when using chemicals to clean the bathroom or any other room in the house?

At 78, we used all kinds of chemicals to clean house in the 50's and forward. I cut and trim my trees without a mask on. I use to mow the law without a mask and blow the leaves without a mass. All I see is grown men wearing mass to do yard work and it takes three to do the job I do alone at 78. Have we gotten so weak in this society?

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone use a respirator when using chemicals to clean the bathroom or any other room in the house?

If the bathroom doesn't have a window but just a vent I think it's probably a good idea to wear one while cleaning.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/21/2014 qvcaddition said:

At 78, we used all kinds of chemicals to clean house in the 50's and forward. I cut and trim my trees without a mask on. I use to mow the law without a mask and blow the leaves without a mass. All I see is grown men wearing mass to do yard work and it takes three to do the job I do alone at 78. Have we gotten so weak in this society?

No, we're not weaker, just smarter. I rarely use strong chemicals to clean but if I do, I use a mask.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor

What kind of chemicals are we talking about? (I'm sorry, I didn't read the article because I don't click on links.) My bathrooms have overhead vent/fans and I don't think I use enough of any product to knock me out, lol!

Super Contributor

I do not ever use chemicals in or around my home.
Valued Contributor

No. (didn't click the link because K Komando's articles always end up being ads for products or services. Used to like her site but no more.)

Valued Contributor

The strongest chemical I use is Dawn and vinegar.
Trusted Contributor

Are respirator, really! Please give me a break! Open a window, And besides, in that video his "tool" didn't even work. He blamed it on the cleaner..
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't click on the link, so maybe I'm misunderstanding. But if I was that worried about chemicals, I just wouldn't use them. There are many other options.

Kiss