Respected Contributor

CDC: Ebola Worst-Case Scenario Has More Than 500,000 Cases

The Ebola outbreak in West Africa could spread to hundreds of thousands more people by the end of January, according to an estimate under development by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that puts one worst-case scenario at 550,000 or more infections.

The report, scheduled to be released next week, was described by two people familiar with its contents who asked to remain anonymous because it isn’t yet public. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-19/ebola-worst-case-scenario-has-more-than-500-000-cases.html

Respected Contributor

Re: CDC: Ebola Worst-Case Scenario Has More Than 500,000 Cases

Well it is here and none our professional agree how it spreads or how to contained Ebola there are so many stories depending who you listen too...

Political correctness is getting in the way of common sense!

Kids who had contact with Ebola patient monitored

http://tinyurl.com/ox7x93f

Just to let you know this comes from the AP and the link will not activate so you are going to have to copy and paste in the URL

How many others has the children come in tack with their parents etc or which children the ones who arrived in July no one really know but you do want to keep your families safe.

Honored Contributor

Everything I've heard seems to be pretty much in agreement that it's spread through contact with body fluids and is not airborne. This has been around for years. Too bad nobody has come up with an immunization for it or West Nile Virus (they have one for horses).
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Does it seem that maybe we should not let those fly into the country if they have been in one of the ebola racked African nations? Am I wrong in this thinking??

Super Contributor

Where is the thread from yesterday?
Frequent Contributor

What was said on that thread, Kippy? I can't find it anywhere.

Super Contributor

Well, the last time that I saw it, there were some concerns and opinions. Not sure what happened...if anything. I just didn't see it earlier this am, when I sat down with my coffee to browse. Don't want to get in trouble if it got poofed.
Valued Contributor

It probably isn't politically correct, but I agree on restrictions on people flying in and out of the areas ravaged with this horrible disease. It won't take much to get it started over here in the USA. So now it is being reported that we have a case here in the USA. Isn't that just great?

Very scary stuff.

Super Contributor

On 10/1/2014 momshan said:

Does it seem that maybe we should not let those fly into the country if they have been in one of the ebola racked African nations? Am I wrong in this thinking??

No you are not wrong. Makes perfect sense. England has already done that. Doubt our PC administration will be that protective of us, though.

Contributor

I have been thinking for weeks that we should quarantine people arriving from infected areas. Supposidly this person in Dallas that has it had no symptons when he left Africa and symptons did not start until after he returned home. If he would have been quarantined, it would have been stopped there. Now he has been out amoung the population and could speread this virus. I certainly don't want there to be a panic caused from one case, but I have a sick feeling that this will not be the only case. I agree with with aprildreams that we can't be concerned with being PC in this case. First and foremost, our citizens need to be protected.