Honored Contributor

I have fatigue that is holding me back from getting things done. I have been trying to shake it, but it just will not go away. I had an illness which can have fatigue as a symptom, but it could also be do to other reasons. I have done my research, and I know I should get some medical tests done, but if anyone has any fatigue fighting suggestions, I am ready to listen. I have no energy. Zero, zip, nada. I know of all the possible causes, so I am just looking for fatigue fighting suggestions. Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Re: I Can't Shake This Fatigue

It may not be possible, but could you take a day to just sleep in and stay in bed all day? Sometimes that can recharge you. Also, look at what you are nourishing yourself with--cut back on carbs and increase fresh veggies including leafy greens and colorful veggies. Try some juices or green drinks. I hope you feel better.

Valued Contributor

Please see your physician. I'm sure he'll run a battery of tests and get to the root cause of your fatigue. Please do not play guessing games with your health as it is too precious. docsgirl

Honored Contributor

On 9/20/2014 docsgirl said:

Please see your physician. I'm sure he'll run a battery of tests and get to the root cause of your fatigue. Please do not play guessing games with your health as it is too precious. docsgirl

Hi, Mindy D. I know it's not what you want to hear, but I need to agree with docsgirl. No matter what anyone suggests, without knowing the source of the fatigue it's an extremely haphazard and most likely futile method of finding a solution. Your symptoms could be a signal of something not safely treated by trial-and-error, and masking the symptoms or postponing diagnosis might be dangerous. I wish you the very best.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

You should go to your doctor. Until you figure out what's causing it, you can't make it better. If the doctor finds nothing that needs treatment, maybe you could ask for a referral to a nutritionist. I've read that exercise improves your energy, but you need to treat your extreme fatigue before that's a practical solution.

Super Contributor

I get some relief from drinking nutrition shakes like Ensure, and I also take a super B-Complex vitamin. Maybe that would help you some, for now. Best wishes.
Respected Contributor

Agree with others, you need to go to your Dr...I'll add ASAP. This type of fatigue is NOT anywhere close to normal. Some things can wait - like housecleaning, others can't - like your health! I was just reading that serious fatigue can be an indication of an oncoming heart attack! If that scares you, and I hope it does, you need to go to the Dr NOW.

Super Contributor

A multiple vitamin, and B12, more excersize and coffee work for me.

Honored Contributor

Fatigue is the result of an underlying problem, and it can be as simple as mild anemia to something more complex. Start with a doctor visit and some blood tests. My extreme fatigue hit after knee replacement, and my B12 was basement level low. I needed shots twice a month for 3 months, then went to monthly shots for 6 months, and now that my levels are over 800, I take oral B12 daily. Make the effort to find the cause of your problem and treat accordingly. Best wishes to you.
Respected Contributor

What about anemia? Do you have low iron? I agree, go to.the doc and get yourself checked out.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero