Super Contributor

I tripped and fell down today on my walk

The sidewalk had roots growing under the concrete and was uneven... normally do just fine but today I fell. Scraped up my shoulder and knee.{#emotions_dlg.crying} Scary to fall as an Adult. I have not fallen in years....never fall. That is what I get for not paying attention and day dreaming on my walk!

Super Contributor

Re: I tripped and fell down today on my walk

That is so scary! Glad you didn't break any bones!

Esteemed Contributor

Scarier still with your two new knees. This was probably a good warning like I had last year when I missed a step and fractured my foot in two places. I am sooooo careful these days.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about your fall. I had a nasty fall several years back (almost five years) -- same sort of situation. But, I ended up with black eyes, a bloody nose, etc. in addition to scrapes. Hope your scrapes go away soon. I guess I was doing a bit of daydreaming as well.

Contributor

I'm sorry OP, hope you are okay. I fell walking in to the bank but spent the rest of the day shopping. After a few hours I noticed that my arm was feeling funky and I couldn't even hold a clothes hanger. I went to the hospital and found out that I broke my elbow.

Super Contributor

On 9/19/2014 LISALIPLINER said:

I'm sorry OP, hope you are okay. I fell walking in to the bank but spent the rest of the day shopping. After a few hours I noticed that my arm was feeling funky and I couldn't even hold a clothes hanger. I went to the hospital and found out that I broke my elbow.

OMG!{#emotions_dlg.scared} How are you doing?? So sorry to hear that!

Esteemed Contributor

Ahh, gazelle, I hope you're okay! Are you putting something on your scrapes?

A couple years ago I didn't see (or expect) one of those road bumps in a parking lot. It's has taken this amount of time for my knee to be completely healed. Guess it was more of a gash than a scrape. My next mishap (should it come along) I shall treat with Vaseline only.

Super Contributor

On 9/19/2014 twopeas said:

Scarier still with your two new knees. This was probably a good warning like I had last year when I missed a step and fractured my foot in two places. I am sooooo careful these days.

Hey Twopeas, the ONLY positive thing was where I scraped my knee is where the skin nerves are dead (numb) and I have no feeling! My shoulder hurts... my knee does not. IF that is a good thing{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

On 9/19/2014 Harpa said:

Ahh, gazelle, I hope you're okay! Are you putting something on your scrapes?

A couple years ago I didn't see (or expect) one of those road bumps in a parking lot. It's has taken this amount of time for my knee to be completely healed. Guess it was more of a gash than a scrape. My next mishap (should it come along) I shall treat with Vaseline only.

cleaned up with soap and water, put H2O2 on them and then neosporin. I have hip surgery in a week and a half so I hope they heal up nice, otherwise they will not do the surgery.

Honored Contributor

Scary, isn't it? I was on my way to work and fell a few years ago and fractured my wrist. I was just walking from my condo to my car and slipped on the ONLY piece of ice in the parking lot. Now I'm paranoid about snow and ice.