Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone heard from Halfpint????

Wasn't she going to have back surgery some time in August???? I hope she's okay, given the fact that she has nobody at home to help her - except for her son who lives nearby but that's really not enough. She says her DH doesn't lift a finger to help...

I was hoping that maybe someone here e-mails with her and can give us an update. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone heard from Halfpint????

She's probably in rehab and doesn't get a chance to post.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/8/2014 ivanatrump said:

She's probably in rehab and doesn't get a chance to post.

I hope so. She really needs to be in rehab for as long as she can stay. I feel so bad for her. I hope she has an easy recovery although with back surgery, it's a krap shoot.

Super Contributor

Hope she's recovering well. She's a nice poster (:

Honored Contributor

There's a new post from her in Health & Fitness.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 voyager1980 said:

Hope she's recovering well. She's a nice poster (:

And OP - thank you for starting this thread.

Ford is right - new post in Health:

http://community.qvc.com/forums/health+fitness/topic/470140/my-ordeal-after-back-surgery.aspx

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for asking. I have been home all week. Had to go in for 2 hour session with ivs because of uti. I couldn't get back to sleep so I m up at 4 in so cal. At least it is cooler a liitle' Waiting for light to practice walking in the driveway. My son got me everything I needed to use.

Anyone else had back surgery and how long did it take to get back to normal? I am almost 77 so perhaps longer. I want to get back to gardening. Roses are a mess but I know that will be awhile. Probably next year. I don't want to damage what was done. Just itchy. At least dh recorded some of my continued tv shows so I have plenty to keep me occupied and now the new season starts.

Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 halfpint said:

Thanks for asking. I have been home all week. Had to go in for 2 hour session with ivs because of uti. I couldn't get back to sleep so I m up at 4 in so cal. At least it is cooler a liitle' Waiting for light to practice walking in the driveway. My son got me everything I needed to use.

Anyone else had back surgery and how long did it take to get back to normal? I am almost 77 so perhaps longer. I want to get back to gardening. Roses are a mess but I know that will be awhile. Probably next year. I don't want to damage what was done. Just itchy. At least dh recorded some of my continued tv shows so I have plenty to keep me occupied and now the new season starts.

How does your BACK feel?

With all you have been through, I hope you aren't in any back pain!!!!