Trusted Contributor

Thank you, QVC, you got it right this time and paired Stacey with Marjolean tonight. Stacey does the very best job hosting the Pilates shows. She knows the Reformer and it is obvious. Her knowledge and experience with Pilates is evident. These shows need hosts who use the Reformer, like Dan W, Rick, Stacey, Albany, for instance.

Occasional Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Ive thought about purchasing a pilates machine for years, finally got off the fence the other day, looking forward to getting some flexability into this 52 year old body, no more running due to knee an ankle problems, I hope this will be the golden ticket, anyone else?

Contributor

I got one of the first pilates machines that QVC offered in 1998. I upgraded to the aero pilates in 2003. I have an injured knee and bad back from another injury. I would never be with out this machine! I don't need to lose weight, but use it to stay in shape and keep my knees working free from pain. I stand straight which helps my back. In 2003 I used it to rehab my elbow after surgery - doctor said it was ok, and I stopped P.therapy and did pilates instead. I hope you enjoy yours !

Not applicable
I got the 5 string two weeks ago. With my health problems, bad knees and back problems, there was nothing I could do but swim. I can do this, well, not everything, but a lot and I feel taller. My posture is getting better, my balance is improving, and when I am in pain, this helps, not hurts me. I am so glad I was watching qvc that day. I was hesitant, but Marjoleine seemed so genuine, I just had to try it. I'm starting a long process, because I have been inactive and overweight so long and the many surgeries have left me weak, but I have hope now, and I haven't missed a day yet. Love it. Thank you Marjoliene and QVC.
Super Contributor
I have been interested in pilates for awhile for helping with my flexibility. I watched the show and considered the Areo machine but figured I needed to learn a little more about it before ordering. Called a local place and one on one sessions are $70 -ouch. Ladies, is there a big learning curve with this machine?
Honored Contributor

I bought the 5-cord a couple of weeks ago, but I also wanted the stand. At the time, QVC didn't have the stand so I had to order elsewhere. My DH tried setting it all up for me last week and we discovered I received the wrong stand - had to ship that one back and now QVC has the right one. Anyway, the right one arrived yesterday and got set up last night. I got on it for a few minutes before bed last night, just to try a few moves. I can see how it can be challenging for all fitness levels. I'm glad I got the 5-cord. I wouldn't say there's a learning curve per se, just some playing around with the bands to suit your preferences. The machine comes with a chart and DVD kit to help you.

Trusted Contributor

I, too, got the original reformer in 1998. I spent my early childhood in a wheelchair. I got a hip replacement in 2005. Marjolean helped me adjust the machine do to my unique needs. After the THR, I went to a physical therapy clinic that had Pilates. My IlioPsoas is still tight as a drum no matter what I do but my back and my coordination are so much better. I added the Rebounder to mine. I would not be without it!

Super Contributor

Hmmmm been on the fence about it myself but wondered if it would be hard to pick up w/out a trainer to help.Thanks for the recommendations (:

Occasional Contributor

Hi back again, received my 4 cord machine on sat. Yes it was a bit heavey to lug into the house, but not that bad.Got it out of the box an thought, Oh Lord, but step by step it wasn't hard to assemble at all,was actually pretty proud of myself, not that mechanically inclined .lol Been using it for a couple days now, its challenging and fun.An actually I thought hmm ,I don't know if im really getting much of a work out or not, until the next morning when I felt a little sore.So I know its working muscles that I haven't used in quite a while. I definatelly will be ordering a stand to mount it on in the near future.Some of the exercises just seem to be easier to do if it was up off the floor. Ok , well wish me luck in my rebound to flexability an those too tight jeans that are in my closet mocking me. lol

Valued Contributor

Good luck Loridarlin! Report back.