Respected Contributor

My Jenny Journey after two years!!

I'm just checking back in to update on how things are going. I am happy to report that I not only reached my goal about a year and a half ago, but have surpassed it by quite a bit and I will be receiving a check from Jenny for half of my program money back ($250) which I earned by reaching goal and maintaining for a year. I still check in an weigh every one to two weeks to keep myself honest. This has been the best thing for me. I guess I wanted to let those who thought I'd blow it know that I didn't.....it's a day to day challenge for me and probably will be the rest of my life, but time passes quickly and getting rid of the weight has made a huge difference in my life.

Respected Contributor

Re: My Jenny Journey after two years!!

You did great congratulations!

Super Contributor

It doesn't get better than actually doing what you most want to do. Good for you! Care to share some of the ways it's made a ""huge difference"" for you?

Super Contributor

Fantastic.
Respected Contributor

On 8/30/2014 Kay SD said:

It doesn't get better than actually doing what you most want to do. Good for you! Care to share some of the ways it's made a "huge difference" for you?

I think the one-on-one you get with Jenny helped me a lot. I hated WW meetings because I really didn't want to sit and listen to everyone else's problems when I really needed help with my own issues. I liked the food and they let me change out items that I really didn't care for. Most of all it's just making up your mind to do it. We all know it's a head game when it comes to weight....if your mind is not ready, nothing is going to work. It never took a big chunk of time to stop in, weigh, and pick up my food. Now I'm on maintenance and doing my own food.....I still buy some of my favorite Jenny items to supplement my own menu. I will always be allowed to do this. All in all, my visits usually took about 20 minutes. I almost forgot....I did exercise four to five times a week. I did Jazzercise and the gym.....after a year of both, I stopped the gym because I was getting bored and just do my Jazzercise classes a minimum of 5 times a week.

Super Contributor

YAY!!! Congratulations, hula!

Regular Contributor

Wow you are amazing! I am so happy for you and I bet you are so proud-as you should be! For me weight loss is a head game and there are times where I have it beat and then there are times when I am beat! Lol. At the moment I am beaten but not for long. I'm getting my groove back as we speak and it feels pretty darn good. I am known for my fitness and nutrition and I then I stop paying attention and bam-the weights back. But am at the point of my life, 47, where I need to man up and be consistent. And I'm just at the beginning but so far life is good! For me Its not just looking good. Don't get me wrong. That is very important to me. Yes I'm vain. But I want the health too. I pray to god every day for dh and I to grow old together. I want us to be 85 and enjoying life. My mom is 80 and you would never know it. Never. She goes to the YMCA seven days a week and dances and works out. She had a stress test done and her Dr said she has the heart if a 55 year old! That's who I want to be like. My mom. I know you never know what life is going to throw you but I want to do everything I can to help along the way. It sounds like you do too! Good job. I'm right behind you!
Respected Contributor

On 8/30/2014 spookyghost said: Wow you are amazing! I am so happy for you and I bet you are so proud-as you should be! For me weight loss is a head game and there are times where I have it beat and then there are times when I am beat! Lol. At the moment I am beaten but not for long. I'm getting my groove back as we speak and it feels pretty darn good. I am known for my fitness and nutrition and I then I stop paying attention and bam-the weights back. But am at the point of my life, 47, where I need to man up and be consistent. And I'm just at the beginning but so far life is good! For me Its not just looking good. Don't get me wrong. That is very important to me. Yes I'm vain. But I want the health too. I pray to god every day for dh and I to grow old together. I want us to be 85 and enjoying life. My mom is 80 and you would never know it. Never. She goes to the YMCA seven days a week and dances and works out. She had a stress test done and her Dr said she has the heart if a 55 year old! That's who I want to be like. My mom. I know you never know what life is going to throw you but I want to do everything I can to help along the way. It sounds like you do too! Good job. I'm right behind you!

Thank you.....hang in there and if you need to vent, give me a holler on the board!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

One thing I will say is that I live alone and it makes it much easier for me to do program than if I had a family to cook for.....cost wise....I gave them $500 for the top program when I signed up in July 2012 and haven't given them another cent since....just paid for my weekly food which was around $100....I did breakfasts on my own which helped me save on Jenny food. Also, for about a year or so, they've given me 10 percent off any food I buy. For me, it's been cheaper than the many times I started and stopped and restarted WW countless times which all resulted in eventual failure. I did reach goal once in WW and became lifetime, but ended putting it all back on. Now that I'm getting my $250 back, Jenny was even a bigger bargain. Since I'm a platinum member, I can keep stopping in to check my weight to keep on track forever if I choose. Yes, I'm a Jenny fan.....No, I don't work for them!Wink

Honored Contributor

Well, congratulations hulagirl! Wish I could make my mind up to follow a good eating program again. I always do well once I make it past 3 weeks, but then I mess up. I feel like an addict going through withdrawal when I stop my bad food, lol, mainly sweets. Good for you, though.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)