Respected Contributor

Anyone up for a 30 day fitness challenge?

Today I started a 30 day planking challenge. It starts out with 2 20sec days and 2 30sec days. http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/30-day-plank-challenge/#_. I believe there are other challenges you can do as well at the website. There is an app to track your progress, but I am tracking it on my own as the app is $2.99 and I don't think it's worth it. I am also I improving my Fitbit weeks as well. I ride a desk all day at work and started out in the neighborhood of 42K steps I a week. I've made it to 52K steps a week now. I have to be really mindful. I've lost 20lbs in the last few months and I want to keep going. It would be great to encourage each other if anyone is interested.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone up for a 30 day fitness challenge?

I'm in. I just found out about planking and started late last week. Today I did 30 seconds. I'm just doing once a day. Tomorrow I'll do the 30 again and then I was upping by 5 seconds but will try to do the 10 seconds.

I also have the Fitbit. I am retired so trying to do the 10k a day. Or at least be sure to do the 70k a week. In the last six months or so I've lost about 15 lbs. So I think we are in really similar circumstances. And I'm also in NorCal!

Respected Contributor

Very cool, Wsmom! My boss's daughter is a big athlete and got her planking. Thus morning was my first try. I did manage 30secs but maybe it was beginner's luck. We'll see tomorrow morning, lol. On the 21st we start Weight Watchers at Work again which is extremely convenient. People who aren't in it are starting to even bring healthy things to our monthly bday celebrations.
Esteemed Contributor

That's great about WW. I know a lot of people who have had a lot of luck with it, and especially if a group at work is doing it. I got my notification from Fitbit this morning that I hit 20 lbs! And I did my planking this a.m. for 30 seconds. Now I need to work the rest of the day on my 30 active minutes and 10k steps!! Those 30 active are harder for me to come by than I thought they would.

ETA: I mean the very active minutes.

Respected Contributor

I'm interested - just feel weird about starting in the middle of the month. There are a lot of those out there - ab challenges, squat challenges. I did a pushup challenge last December 1 pushup for each day of the month. So 1 on the 1st, 2 on the 2nd, etc.

Respected Contributor

Yes 30 active minutes on the Fitbit is hard bc I'm sometimes surprised at what shows up as active. I may think I'm active and wonder why no credit or look back and wonder when it counted me as active. About to do my planking now. I meant to do it first thing in the morning but forgot. Obv it's not a habit yet on the second day.
Honored Contributor

I usually give up after one or two weeks.

Respected Contributor

Hey Rock_Chick. Glad you are I interested. I know it's mid month, I just have to take advantage of any fitness impulses I have. My natural habitat is in bed with a book! Why can't we all just be naturally fit?!?
Respected Contributor

No thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

Rock_chick, like Kjelle I need to start it when the spirit moves me. If I wait until the first of the month the moment's gone and I won't do it. When we get this mastered we should move on to another challenge!

I did 35 seconds today. Tomorrow I'll shoot for the 40. Kjelle, how's it going?