Respected Contributor

Sittng here patiently waiting for my Fitbit to charge and guess what????

It ain't happening. I've had it for just over 2 months and it has been fine. This morning it needed to be charged, so I cleaned the contacts and plugged it in like always......if I tap it, the lights will flitter across and then it goes dark. I tried a reset....cleaned the contacts again, tried a different usb port......nothing is happening. Usually I can count the lights as it charges, but it only lights up when I tap it and that's just the flutter of the 5 and then goes dark again........I think I'm in trouble.....what a waste of money!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Sittng here patiently waiting for my Fitbit to charge and guess what????

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

On 8/16/2014 lolakimono said:

Try this:

https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/1041329

I did that, but just did it again......let's see what happens!! Thanks!

Honored Contributor

My fitbit is old school and just needs a battery about once a year. Fitbit emailed me and told me my battery was low about a week before it went dead. Which was yesterday. So we already had the new little batteries to put in and it was done. Easy peasy.

Frequent Contributor

Mine did the same thing. I was lucky that when I restarted it, the charging started working again. If it doesn't resolve your problem, definitely contact fitbit support directly. They've been great so far. Mine wasn't working just a few months after I purchased it. They replaced it and just said to recycle the old one...just need the receipt.

Good Luck!

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone.....I just e-mailed customer service. I realize they don't have to do anything since I've had it 2 months, but I'm sure I can get something resolved either from them or from Fitbit.....

Super Contributor

DH's Fitbit died and he emailed them. They said, "Try this" and "Well, try that" a few times, but nothing worked and eventually they agreed to replace it. It wasn't brand new, I'm sure it was older than two months. It's definitely worth contacting them, they are pretty good about it.

Respected Contributor

This just h append to me. Got the TSV in June, the Flex. It should last longer than 3 months. I went on the website and a lot of people have this problem. It said to get a paperclip and reset it by pressing down thru the little hole in the back. Then try to recharge. It worked for me and is charging now. We'll see what happens

Respected Contributor

Good news......Q customer service stepped up and told me to return it for a full refund. I couldn't believe how quickly they responded to my e-mail. They really did not have to do anything, but I do appreciate the fact that they are helping me out!