Super Contributor

FIT BIT Walkers Club----AUGUST 2014

Thought I would start the new month. Seems like those who bought their fit bit in July, have not been posting too often.....come on guys! Let's get movin to the groovin! Today August 1st, I got up extra early to fit in my walk when it was cool. Mornings are so lovely and peaceful! I got in 10,000 steps yesterday......hope to beat that today! How is everyone doing?
Honored Contributor

Re: FIT BIT Walkers Club----AUGUST 2014

Even though you yelled at me last week because I got blisters, I'll still post on your thread.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Because I was flying all day yesterday I only got 5900 steps in. My husband wouldn't let me walk on the beach when we got home because it was midnight almost.

So I made up for it today by doing 15,550 (so far....)

I did at least 15K a day last week to bump up losing 5-10 lbs. The HARDEST pounds it seems to lose.

If I don't, so be it.Kiss

Super Contributor

I'm almost at 9,000 steps for the day, so I should be able to get my 10,000 in today. July was tough with traveling and surgery. 2 more weeks and then back to work... I'll be interested in seeing how many steps I get at work.
Super Contributor

On 8/1/2014 Lucky Charm said:

Even though you yelled at me last week because I got blisters, I'll still post on your thread.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Because I was flying all day yesterday I only got 5900 steps in. My husband wouldn't let me walk on the beach when we got home because it was midnight almost.

So I made up for it today by doing 15,550 (so far....)

I did at least 15K a day last week to bump up losing 5-10 lbs. The HARDEST pounds it seems to lose.

If I don't, so be it.Kiss

I am sorry that you took it that way... really!... Just that socks are so important-- good padded socks in your walking shoes. Also the fit of your shoes if right should not cause blisters. Blisters can be so painful and even dangerous! Also, this is not MY thread. It is OUR thread. Again, so sorry if I seemed abrupt...

Super Contributor

Good Morning! Glad someone checked in! Hello Palmtree and Lucky Charm!Smile I walked the most I have ever walked yesterday, Friday..... Over 12,000 steps!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} But, I also paid the price with my left arthritic hip... I was struggling to walk all afternoon into the evening. This morning it feels better. Darn these hips anyway!

I replaced both knees a year ago... I now have an appointment to replace my left hip this October 1st. Just 8 week from now!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}. I wanted to do both hips at once, but, my surgeon said he prefers to do hips one at a time. He did both my knees at once and I am so glad I had them replaced! I will be back to feeling pretty good and walking again about 6 weeks out from surgery. I will wait about a year and then do the right hip. Guess I will be considered bionic by then.

Super Contributor

Got 12,000 steps in yesterday! Gazelle, I am sorry to hear you are having such problems with your joints. I have bad hips too. My orthopedic told me eventually I would have to have them replaced, but hopefully not for a long time because I'm 31. I would imagine joint replacements are pretty painful. How does your doc feel about your walking now? Does he encourage it? Good luck walkers, let's get those steps in!
Regular Contributor

Hey gals! Still here and still stepping. Sadly still haven't gotten to 10k. Love to hear that y'all are getting well over 10k/day.
Super Contributor

Hello ladies! I took it easy yesterday....hip feels better today. I went on an early morning cool 50 minute walk. Met some lovely other dog walkers! I am at 8000 steps at just 2:15 in the afternoon, so I hope to make close to 10,000 by bedtime. Palmtree, walking is encouraged with my new knees, and keeping moving helps the stiffness usually in my hips. Some days I just have a bad day, a flair up I guess of inflammation. I am almost 59, but was 30 when both hips started to bother me....so it took 30 years to get to a point of misery. Both knees started bothering me about 20 years ago, and went down hill real fast, thus replacement. You will know when it is time. CelticAngel, it does not matter how high your step number to post...I have days that I only get in 4000 steps. Just post anyways! We want to hear from you!
Regular Contributor

On 8/3/2014 gazelle77 said: Hello ladies! I took it easy yesterday....hip feels better today. I went on an early morning cool 50 minute walk. Met some lovely other dog walkers! I am at 8000 steps at just 2:15 in the afternoon, so I hope to make close to 10,000 by bedtime. Palmtree, walking is encouraged with my new knees, and keeping moving helps the stiffness usually in my hips. Some days I just have a bad day, a flair up I guess of inflammation. I am almost 59, but was 30 when both hips started to bother me....so it took 30 years to get to a point of misery. Both knees started bothering me about 20 years ago, and went down hill real fast, thus replacement. You will know when it is time. CelticAngel, it does not matter how high your step number to post...I have days that I only get in 4000 steps. Just post anyways! We want to hear from you!
Thanks for your kind words, Gazelle. Glad your hips are feeling better. I am interested to hear your experience with hip replacement. Don't know how bad my pain will have to be for me to consider one, but at 47 I'm thinking it will be likely in my future.
Super Contributor

Gazelle, I am surprised to hear your pain started in your 30s! Here I thought I was the only one. Sometimes I feel twice my age with my joints. Do you know why your joints went bad? My hips aren't aligned properly, which makes me knees "off" as well, that is how the doc knew I would eventually need replacements. I also have autoimmune disease, so that isn't working in my favor either. I find the walking helps ease the stiffness as well. Yesterday wasn't a stellar day. Was away all day and only got 6,000 steps in. Hopefully today will be better! I am going to go to school to set up my classroom, then hoping to do some major apartment cleaning tonight.