Valued Contributor

what brand of vitamins do you use/trust most?

I am ordering new chapter, but are there other brands you think are good?
Super Contributor

Re: what brand of vitamins do you use/trust most?

It really depends on what you are talking about as far a supplements. Many companies purchase the same raw material and many brand name supplements are all one and the same if they are trademark.. but the cost can be from very expensive to reasonable depending on the label even though the same thing. When you get into a formulation of say a multivitamin, of course the brand may play a big part in what you are actually getting for your money. You really have to know how to read labels and if you question percentages of extracts etc which can be hard to figure out, go to a nutrition store where they have a nutritionist on staff to ask them to explain. Otherwise it is not easy to really know what you are getting.....

New Chapter was a very good reliable company who puts a lot of care into what they put their name on. They were recently bought out by Proctor and Gamble so I now question if the integrity of the formulas will still be as good.... That always happens when small caring companies get bought out.

It is very hard for the average person to really know what is what in the nutritional supplement area.... you really need to know your stuff.

Respected Contributor

Andrew Lessman. I'll never take another brand.

Respected Contributor

On 7/30/2014 santorini said:

Andrew Lessman. I'll never take another brand.

Same here.

Valued Contributor

Thank you! I ordered and have been taking sea buckthorn oil someone on this board recommended, for dry eye. I think it really helped, because my eyes felt so much better! I ran out about a week ago and now my eyes are starting to get worse! I got new chapter, because that was what she took , but they are not cheap. I know many here love Andrew Lessman vitamins, but I could not find any sea buckthorn. I guess I'll keep with the new chapter. Thanks, I hope the new owners keep the same formula!
Honored Contributor

I take Andrew Lessman. He does not have sea buckthorn products. You could his Astaxanthin for dry eyes. I take Bio-Astin Astaxanthin. I take it for that reason among other benefits. You can research it online. New Chapter had great products but ITA with gazelle77 about their integrity since they sold out to Proctor & Gamble which is linked with nasty Monsanto. I would not buy any of their products now.

Valued Contributor

On 7/30/2014 Nightowlz said:

I take Andrew Lessman. He does not have sea buckthorn products. You could his Astaxanthin for dry eyes. I take Bio-Astin Astaxanthin. I take it for that reason among other benefits. You can research it online. New Chapter had great products but ITA with gazelle77 about their integrity since they sold out to Proctor & Gamble which is linked with nasty Monsanto. I would not buy any of their products now.

thanks! I'll check it out!
Honored Contributor

I order quite a bit from Puritans Pride and Swanson.

Contributor

Andrew Lessman

Respected Contributor

Nature Made and Nature's Bounty