Valued Contributor

I used "prid" to get a splinter out if my finger.

Has anyone tried this? I was hanging a picture with a rugged wood frame and jabbed a piece of wood deep into my finger. I could not get it out! I even tried to dig it out with a needle. I kept putting prid on it with a bandade on top for a few days, and it just popped out! I was squeezing my finger and about a quarter inch sliver of wood popped out of my finger, I was so surprised! Anyway, I just wanted to recommend this stuff, it is really good !
Respected Contributor

Re: I used ""prid"" to get a splinter out if my finger.

What is it and where do you buy it? Glad it worked!

Valued Contributor

On 7/28/2014 Frannie said:

What is it and where do you buy it? Glad it worked!

it is a homeopathic drawing salve. You can get it at Walmart, amazon, health food stores.
Valued Contributor

My daughter used this for a spider bite that was looking bad, she thought she was going to have to see the Dr. This took care of it.
Esteemed Contributor

Most likely it would have come out by itself anyway. They often do.

Valued Contributor

I have never heard of this, I'll have to check it out, thanks.

Valued Contributor

On 7/28/2014 MalteseMomma said:

Most likely it would have come out by itself anyway. They often do.

yes eventually, but do they shoot out of your finger! I've never seen anything like it.
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I've used it. A couple of years ago I had a splinter deep in my heel. I couldn't remove it, so I went to the doctor. He used a scalpel and couldn't find it so we figured maybe I was just having pain from the injury. After about a week, I could still feel that sticking sensation when I walked, so I started using the Prid. About 4 or 5 days later I noticed a round hole in my heel when I was changing the bandage. I gave it a gentle squeeze, and a huge thick splinter slid right out. More like a piece of wood than just a splinter.

I know that splinters can come out on their own, but sometimes they don't. Just by the way this one came sliding out, I believe the Prid helped. It doesn't actually draw anything out, but softens the skin enough to allow whatever is under it to come out. It has lots of 5-star reviews, and I'll always keep a tin on hand.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for mentioning it. DH had a splinter last week. I told him to wash the dishes every night and it would work its way out. It did!

I'm wondering if I slather myself in this Prid drawing salve would it work like liposuction?

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

On 7/28/2014 house_cat said:

Thank you for mentioning it. DH had a splinter last week. I told him to wash the dishes every night and it would work its way out. It did!

I'm wondering if I slather myself in this Prid drawing salve would it work like liposuction?

we must think alike, lol, I have some on the back of my hand right now to see if it will smooth out the skin. Also good idea about having your husband wash dishes to get the splinter out.