Honored Contributor

OMG I joined an online group called the trim down club. While , in general, I agree with their philosophy and not eating GMO foods or concentrated sugars , when I got an e mail giving me a weeks menus they were for 2oz (1/8th of a pound) of meat with 1/4 cup of pasta and sauce for example. Or a half a piece of toast for breakfast. Of course you would lose weight but no one could maintain this over the long run as you would be way too hungry. It came with a money back guarantee so i asked for my money back. I understand portion control is part of dieting but I feel this was extreme portion control, that would not work over the long run.

Super Contributor

That surely would not work for me! I have the proverbial 10 pounds to drop. That may not seem like much, but it is very tough for me to lose it. It was brought on by medication that I still take. I would starve to death if I could only eat 2 oz. of meat and 1/4 cup of pasta! What do they recommend you eat to fill up on? Probably raw veggies. Those are not satisfying. I can't sleep when I am hungry.

Anyone would lose weight on that kind of a diet, but it is just not feasible. Who could stick to a diet like that? Not me. I would have asked for my money back too.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

Yeah, that would not work for me. I would be weak and shaky all the time. I don't blame you for getting your money back.

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

With that amount you would need to eat every 2 hours.. That is riduculous

Honored Contributor

HH: You've had such success with the low-fat WOE...you would be the perfect fit for the McDougall Community. Their forum is filled with online support...and professional support, as well. FREE. Just the success stories alone is worth the read & listen. They have a place where you can online journal....it's all so very supportive...and they are all so very "down home" good.

I've known some of those posters for 8+ yrs. Very consistent with their message....and more importantly, their RESULTS! Everything is free!

COME ON OVER!!!

McDougall Forums

Honored Contributor

IF I have to trim down, I DO have to eat tiny portions and really bump up my exercise. Long as I'm getting enough protein and hydration, I can do it easily. I get in the zone.

Once I'm down to where I know I look good (which ironically is about 7-11 lbs. over the charts recs) I can eat larger portions. Exercise should always be on our plates.

I get very informative emails from Food Babe who not only points out GMO's, but other food industry indiscretions. Very healthy, but tasty recipes are given out and it's for free.

Honored Contributor

I really just need to stick with what i have been doing through the YMCA. Since we have been in Pittsburgh I have been terribly backsliding and due to cool weather and almost constant rain we have not been getting enough physical activity either. So today is a new week and a new start back on my previously successful low fat (40gms a day) diet.

Honored Contributor

We all have to do what works for us. For me, I have carried around about 10-15 extra pounds for several years, I have upped my activity (walking) and have dropped 7-8 pounds, so far. I am actually within the chart range of what I should weigh, but know I feel and look better a bit under that, but not much under. It is a never ending challenge for most of us.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

YAY! You're still doing YMCA....that's good! I read your post to read you wanted online support...but you have the real deal, in person, at the Y, that's even better. Didn't you swim, at one point? How's that going?

I believe no matter what doctrine or edict you prescribe to, eating wise, EXERCISE is and always will be the cornerstone of any weight control management.