Honored Contributor

I've been seeing a lot of ads for PiYo on my Face Book feed. Does anyone here have any feedback about the workouts?

Super Contributor

Hi SydneyH, I have been doing the program and absolutely love it! There isn't any pounding on your joints at all if that is something that you would be concerned about. She has modifier as well if you feel you just can do a move yet. If you aren't too flexible yet, you will be. You honestly think that you wouldn't get a good workout with this just because of the name but it's no joke. Did I mention that I love it? I have a PiYo Challenge Group going on FB if you would be interested joining if you decide you would like to try it. I also have an accountability group here if you would like to join that too and I can help answer more questions and you can get support and motivation from the other ladies on here and elsewhere. It's a great group!

Valued Contributor
Hi-what is PiYo?? I will go google, but I'm curious now-thanks !
Respected Contributor
On 7/24/2014 glmama said: Hi-what is PiYo?? I will go google, but I'm curious now-thanks !

Blend of pilates and yoga.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

I do Barre3, which is a combination of ballet inspired moves, pilates, & yoga. You wouldn't think you'd get a good workout but I'm usually sweating like crazy within the first 10 minutes. For upper body work, you use light weights (2-3 lbs is suggested) & all moves are slow, controlled, & very small.

Valued Contributor
Thanks-makes perfect sense now!Smiley Happy Also, how do you ladies feel this helps your bod--increased flexibility? Etc? TIASmiley Happy
Super Contributor

glmama, I started seeing changes in my flexibility within a few days. I was really shocked that I could do a little more so soon after starting. I love way it gets my heart rate up as well and I know that I'm getting a good cardio workout as well.

Contributor

Just ordered mine a couple of days ago. I stink at Cardio so I'm hoping this will be just the ticket to get me exercising again. I've seen great reviews on it!

Valued Contributor
On 7/25/2014 glmama said: Thanks-makes perfect sense now!Smiley Happy Also, how do you ladies feel this helps your bod--increased flexibility? Etc? TIASmiley Happy
Thanks, Boyds. Smiley Happy I'll definitely check it out. Haven't purchased any fitness videos in a looong time--and then it was from Collage Fitness, which is no more. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

glmama you are very welcome! I am running over with videos but I love them all. Being a coach makes it hard to say no because I want to try them so I can tell others about what I think instead of getting it second handed.