Esteemed Contributor

Dr. Ho equipment ... Need feedback today pls

Anyone use his system? I have one on order to use for sore muscles. You know the type with electrodes like you use at physio? It is supposed to improve circulation. This one includes a system for feet as well. Would appreciate any feedback from those who have used this product. TIA. LM

Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Ho equipment ... Need feedback today pls

Sounds like this is similar to a TENS unit or an EMS system. I have tried a couple of different ones over the years and they do contract and relax the muscles. I can't say that either of the ones I used did much good with helping improve circulation to the muscles for healing them after an injury, but it sure did feel good when I had a "tired sore" muscle group after running/skating or some resistance training.

I saw this back brace that pumps up to help stabilize the spine and in theory it looks pretty good. But whether it really helps is another thing as I've learned that many theoretical assumption are not always as good as they have seemed to me.

Lots of people with different chronic pain issues use a TENS unit to help them with the pain and many times these are prescribed by a doctor. I think it is an individual matter as everyone is different. It's the same old "what works great for some, does nothing for others". At least you have 30 days to try it and if you aren't happy with it, send it back. Hopefully it fulfills your reason for deciding to give it a try.

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Hi John. Thanks for the feedback. You're right, I can return it if I'm not happy. It is very much like a tens machine. I am on my feet a lot and I walk a lot so my legs get sore and tired. I don't see my activity level decreasing (not by choice anyway!) so I think I will give this a try. I understand the relief is temporary and that is what I'm looking for. Some relief at the end of a busy day. The item I ordered sold out today so here's hoping it works! LM

Super Contributor

I bought one of his TENS units from HSN years ago. The pads are a lot smaller but it works. I can feel the muscles being massaged. I still use it from time to time.

HCKYNUT - I have a cervical collar that pumps to pull my neck up and it relieves pressure from my cervical spondylolisthesis and osteoarthritis. It works wonders. I bought it after a recommendation by a physical therapist. Kind of like inversion without being upside down. So I would imagine that a lumbar inflatable support would work about the same as it's the same principle. Gail

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Super Contributor

i hear some good abt it .

Honored Contributor

On 7/24/2014 gailchap said:

HCKYNUT - I have a cervical collar that pumps to pull my neck up and it relieves pressure from my cervical spondylolisthesis and osteoarthritis. It works wonders. I bought it after a recommendation by a physical therapist. Kind of like inversion without being upside down. So I would imagine that a lumbar inflatable support would work about the same as it's the same principle. Gail

Hi gailchap

I have had 3 crushed cervical vertebrae in my neck for decades now. MY friend the Spinal Surgeon told me he could do surgery, but with my situation he said the chances of it helping are about 50-50. Only have occasional issues with it now as I think a lot of scar tissue has filled in over the years since this injury and keeps from having too much nerve pain from them like I did for several years after the injury.

At one time I had the cervical collar where I laid on it on the floor and it also pumped up. Also got this from a Physical Therapist at that time. This was way before I met all of my Sports Medicine Certified Doctors and Physical Therapist. It certainly felt good doing this and many times it really helped relieve the pain, even though it was temporary.

What help me most over those years was another good friend of mine, that died a few years ago, that was a Chiropractor. When it got real bad I would see him and he knew exactly how to pop it around to give me the relief I needed. Even met him public skating at an ice rink one weekend with his kids. My neck had been bothering me during the week so I asked him if he would adjust it for me. Went out into the lobby and sat down and "snap/crack/pop" and immediate relief. He got me through some of the worst years I had with this problem and my Spinal Doctor friend told me to keep seeing him since it was helping me.

Appreciate you taking the time to tell me about this collar and it working for you. I do believe in Inversion, but since I have had lung blood clots twice/2 heart attacks and on certain meds that are not conducive to inverting? I did inversion way back in the late 1970's. I had someone at work make me a pair of Inversion Boots and I built a steel rack where I could get on a chair and pull myself up to hook the boots on the bar and invert myself completely. I did this to see if it helped my back and/or my neck.

While it did feel good it was a pain in the rear to try to get on this thing and many days after work and doing my miles of running I just couldn't bring myself to do it. The Teeter Inversion Table sure looks good to me, but with my meds it would be way too dangerous for me to even think about doing now.

Nice talking with you and thank you for your experience with the neck collar.

hckynut(john)