Valued Contributor

is there a fitbit or something similar more for athlete's?

Something that tracks heart rate etc..TIA
Honored Contributor

Re: is there a fitbit or something similar more for athlete's?

Yes. There are a lot of devices like that. I don't know how expensive they are though!

The soccer players had devices that tracked everything...

Valued Contributor

On 7/23/2014 terrier3 said:

Yes. There are a lot of devices like that. I don't know how expensive they are though!

thanks! Do you know what they are called?
Respected Contributor

On 7/23/2014 Persephonel said:
On 7/23/2014 terrier3 said:

thanks! Do you know what they are called?

Just Google personal heart rate monitor & a whole list comes up of products

Honored Contributor

Polar (polar.com) is the grand-daddy of all heart-tracking devices. They have a device called the "Loop"...it's a bracelet that tracks HR, steps, etc. for $110...BUT....don't think it's gotten the best reviews. Just like anything, the more bells & whistles you have, one of those features won't match up to the product. Polar is best @ heart-rate tracking...adding a step feature kinda mucks it up. It's hard to get an accurate HR through the wrist versus the industry standard of chest-strap.

Polar is sold everywhere. You can get a basic HR monitor for $70. Many gym machines will pick up your HR thru the chest-strap only, if you choose not to wear the watch.

Valued Contributor

Thanks! I wonder if fitbit plans to add a heart rate monitor to future models, that would be nice.
Super Contributor

On 7/23/2014 Persephonel said: Thanks! I wonder if fitbit plans to add a heart rate monitor to future models, that would be nice.

According to reports, it will release a heart monitor model. They will go on sale later this year. I'm waiting for it because I returned my recalled Force.

Honored Contributor

On 7/23/2014 sidsmom said:

Polar (polar.com) is the grand-daddy of all heart-tracking devices. They have a device called the "Loop"...it's a bracelet that tracks HR, steps, etc. for $110...BUT....don't think it's gotten the best reviews. Just like anything, the more bells & whistles you have, one of those features won't match up to the product. Polar is best @ heart-rate tracking...adding a step feature kinda mucks it up. It's hard to get an accurate HR through the wrist versus the industry standard of chest-strap.

Polar is sold everywhere. You can get a basic HR monitor for $70. Many gym machines will pick up your HR thru the chest-strap only, if you choose not to wear the watch.

This. Even if FitBit or any of the other wrist trackers release a heart rate function, I don't think it will be very accurate without the chest strap. Wrist trackers are already not super accurate, but that is less important for steps than it is for heart rate. I hated the stupid chest strap and tried several other heart rate monitors before I broke down and got a Polar watch with a chest strap monitor.

Honored Contributor

Yeah....I don't see the tracker fad continuing for too much longer. Maybe another Christmas...maybe next summer, but my crystal ball doesn't see much past that. Better make hay while the sun shines. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

On 7/23/2014 Schnapsideen said:
On 7/23/2014 Persephonel said: Thanks! I wonder if fitbit plans to add a heart rate monitor to future models, that would be nice.

According to reports, it will release a heart monitor model. They will go on sale later this year. I'm waiting for it because I returned my recalled Force.

oh good! Hope qvc will have them as a tsv !