Regular Contributor
Three years ago my husband had 2 moles removed from his scalp that were melanoma at Sloan Kettering. They were stage 1a, not deep at all. Well last week we learned there is a tumor on his liver. After an excruciating wait over the holiday weekend, we got an appt at Moffitt cancer center in Tampa for next week. We live in FL now where my husband always wanted to retire to. I have been in contact with our dr at Sloan and he knows the drs at Moffitt. He said it is outstanding there and he will consult. Needless to say we are devastated and so scared. I know in the past 2 years there has been great success with new drugs for melanoma. Does anyone have any experience with this? Our appt at Moffitt is this coming Tuesday. It has feltike an eternity. I just can't believe this. The odds of it spreading in his case are like 3%. I am sick and so scared.
Super Contributor

I don't have any experience with this, but I just wanted to say that I am sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Regular Contributor
Thank you. I can't stop crying and kind words help.
Super Contributor
I am sorry. This is scary, I know. I hope you have support at this time.
Super Contributor
You must be brave and help your husband. You can face whatever life brings. He will lean on you and you will be there for him. Just know you can do it.
Esteemed Contributor

Hang in there Cocoablue. I know your mind is going a mile a minute, thinking about all the things that might happen, all the what ifs.

I know it's tough, but just try to remember, all that worrying will not change anything. You and hubby try to be there for each other, and I will pray for a good outcome.

((((((((((((cocoablue))))))))))))))

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Regular Contributor
I am trying really hard to be strong and think positively. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn'tSmiley Happy. Thank you for the prayers and encouragement. It makes me feel calmerSmiley Happy.
Honored Contributor

((((((Cocoablue)))))) I don't have direct experience in recent past. I do believe your husband is in very good hands and I know you're correct about treatment being much better now.

Feeling scared and anxious is a natural response. You've taken action, you have excellent professional support. While waiting for the appointment, you might take additional action by making a list of the things you both want to be sure to ask the doctor, making sure you're prepared for the visit. Also, try to use anything that works for you to ease anxiety, whether it's exercise, prayer, meditation, deep breathing, talking with friends, writing, listing to music, whatever works for you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. I hope you'll keep in touch if you feel comfortable doing so.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor
my prayers are with you both