Frequent Contributor

I just decided today I really have to try and give up my one cup of coffee in the morning. I have been having stomach cramps everyday. It is the only thing I can figure out that could be doing it. I already talked to the doctor and a dietitian and they told me to give up dairy for a couple of weeks and see how I feel, but I think it is the coffee. I'm going to try and give it up for a while. What would be a good tea I could drink in the morning instead?

Honored Contributor

Whatever kind of tea you like. Maybe get a variety pack and see what suits you and then you can get full boxes of your favorites. Tazo makes some nice ones. If you go to a Tevana store in the mall, they sell loose but it can get pricey.

Honored Contributor

I drink decaf iced green tea everyday. It's very good for inflammation, which IBS is. I add a herbal fruit tea bag to it when I brew. I drink a whole pitcher nearly every day. Haven't had coffee in 20 years--makes my heart do weird things.

Esteemed Contributor

What do you put in your coffee?

Frequent Contributor

coffee mate

Super Contributor
I have IBS. For some reason it has gotten a lot better, I think from the medication I take for fibromyalgia . Anyway, I drink Lipton black tea with sugar and soy milk. The milk and sugar is a British thing.
Honored Contributor
I drink green tea instead of coffee.
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Trusted Contributor

I drink Good Earth Original mix of black tea with International Delight Creamer (it's non-dairy.) I quit drinking coffee about 8 years ago and IBS is better, but I do other things for it.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor
On 7/7/2014 natesgrandma said:

coffee mate

There are so many mystery ingredients in coffee mate- why don't you try a dairy free milk (like rice milk) instead? Maybe one of the mystery ingredients is causing issues.

Super Contributor
On 7/7/2014 natesgrandma said:

I just decided today I really have to try and give up my one cup of coffee in the morning. I have been having stomach cramps everyday. It is the only thing I can figure out that could be doing it. I already talked to the doctor and a dietitian and they told me to give up dairy for a couple of weeks and see how I feel, but I think it is the coffee. I'm going to try and give it up for a while. What would be a good tea I could drink in the morning instead?

Why bother going to these experts if you're just going to ignore their advice?