Valued Contributor

does anyone use a rebounder?

I lift weights and go to gym...but I have heard that a rebounder helps lymph area and other thing. I am thinking about buying a good one...to use if I cannot get to gym.

Thanks everyone in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: does anyone use a rebounder?

There is a rebounder on my pilates reformer, but I don't have a special mini trampoline for standing and jumping. They are a great form of exercise, and they do move lymph. If you are able to do so, jumping rope is a cheap alternative to a rebounder (and a great cardio workout) if you want to stimulate the lymphatic system.

Respected Contributor

I do. I put it in front of the tv when I'm watching a show and then put it away.

Honored Contributor

Have one for my Pilates machine but seldom use it. I have a treadmill/elliptical machine/recumbent bike and a NuStep and I use them pretty much for my aerobic exercising. For strength I use mostly my BowFlex or Total Gym.

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

I have one I rarely use, tell me how & why I should be using it PLEASE! It could add to my treadmill work outs that tend to get boring.
Honored Contributor

On 7/2/2014 keba58 said: I have one I rarely use, tell me how & why I should be using it PLEASE! It could add to my treadmill work outs that tend to get boring.

http://www.wellbeingjournal.com/rebounding-good-for-the-lymph-system/

Super Contributor

was,t know abt it.

Super Contributor

I have double knee replacement and was told not to use it as it is a bit too jarring. Do not want to take any chances of loosening these new knees. I did use rebounding prior to my arthritis.

Respected Contributor

I have the Urban Rebounder and I use it for many things besides rebounding. You can do push ups on it, abs on it, lunges on it.....I am happy with my purchase..there are a number of youtube workouts that use the rebounder also.

Respected Contributor

I have one and do like it very much. I havent used it much because I have to lug it out and put it back in a tight place so I avoid it. But I am going to start using it. I also have one on my pilates machine but I like the other one because I can use it in front of my tv. Mine is the Jumpsport. You need balance though and need to be careful unless you have a bar to hold on to. I dont have a bar so I am just careful on it. But I do enjoy the jumping effect.