Super Contributor

Do you believe it's bad for you? I noticed that Wal-Mart sells these huge loaves of Italian and French bread for just $1 .... I commented to the clerk that was pretty good. She said yes, the price is good, but bread is bad for you, we shouldn't eat it. No bread at alll?

Honored Contributor

I know I feel better when I avoid all grains so I do. No exceptions. Ever.

I'd eat bread made with almond meal though - provided all the other ingredients were healthy.

Esteemed Contributor
Yes, bread is bad for you. Your body processes it the same as sugar. I don't eat ANY bread at all.
Super Contributor

The WM bread is horrible. Most bread has dough conditioners in it, but the bread at WM is baked paste.

I love bread, I get a dark rye that comes in a square package. Not good for sandwiches though.

Super Contributor
I have taken bread out of my diet except for an occasional slice of Ezekiel bread.
Respected Contributor

I don't think all bread is bad.

It depends on the quality of the ingredients.

Also, like anything else, moderation is key.

I eat whole wheat bread and sometimes baguette.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor
I eat bread in moderation, but not as much as I used to.
Super Contributor

No, not if it's whole grain and contains at least 3 grams of fiber. Always check the label.

It's important to include whole grain carbs in your daily diet, as they help fill you up, thereby helping you to lose and maintain a healthy weight.

They're also very healthy for your GI, cardio, and other systems.

Respected Contributor
On 7/2/2014 Feline Fine said:

No, not if it's whole grain and contains at least 3 grams of fiber. Always check the label.

It's important to include whole grain carbs in your daily diet, as they help fill you up, thereby helping you to lose and maintain a healthy weight.

They're also very healthy for your GI, cardio, and other systems.

The mass produced bread (like WM) is as has been said here, pretty much digested as sugar. If you love bread then a better plan is to make white wheat bread with King Arthur White Wheat and a cheap bread maker. It smells like heaven and it's less expensive than the $3 loaves in the grocery.

A very good bread machine that will also make gluten free and doesn't cost a pile of "dough" is a Breadman and it's only about thirty bucks, which is amazing as most machines cost three times that. It's even programmable. Add in some King Arthur Flour and yeast and you can make bread for about a buck a loaf if not less, and it's actually ok to eat it (not gorge on it of course.) I make my own bread and have done so for years.

Super Contributor

Not a fan of bread. Never really have been a fan or bread ""addict"". When it comes to ""grains"" I get mine via eating my Kashi Go Lean . . . don't know how good or bad it is but I seem to do OK with it. Especially adding fresh fruit with it and Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk.