Super Contributor

Fit Bit Walker's Club - - JULY

Happy July everyone. I know I am starting this a couple hours early, but it's already 11:30pm on the east coast and I'm sure we will all find each other. Today we had a heat index over 100 degrees, so I was unable to get out for a walk. One step out my door and the heat just took my breath away. My DH said it was already oppressive when he left for work at 6am, so needless to say, it was not a great day for a power walk. Tomorrow is supposed to be even worse than today so I think I will need to find a new way to get my steps in. Maybe I will dig out one of my old Leslie Sansone "Walk Away the Pounds" dvd's. Anyway...believe it or not, I got in over 6k just with my daily chores. And tomorrow morning I have some errands to run, so I think I will still be able to get in quite a few steps without a dedicated walk. So...wherever you are tomorrow, just please be careful in this heat. Good night, everyone. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Re: Fit Bit Walker's Club - - JULY

Ended June with getting all my steps in! Wasn't sure if I would make it because I had an appointment downtown that took forever and got stuck in traffic on the way back.

I think July and August will be tough for me. I am going out of town for a wedding for 5 days, and I found out today that I need to have surgery for endometriosis July 30. Plus this Houston heat is getting crazy! I'm not giving up, and I will work on getting those steps in.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my rheumatologist, I'm sure he'll be pleased with my efforts!

Let's start July off with a bang walkers!!

Valued Contributor

We are going to Disney World for a week later this month and I am looking forward to lots of steps there!!!! I think I have gone Fitbit crazy! We went to see a show on Sunday with Julianne and Derek Hough and I kept thinking about how many steps they must be getting!!

Honored Contributor

gonna try to get out today to walk, going to High school, as I saw a scary dog the other day and Im scared of dogs. {#emotions_dlg.mad}{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Super Contributor

Good morning walkers. I am planning to scoot out of here very soon. Lots of errands to run with family coming in from out of town next week. Lots to get done today. I will be wearing my Fitbit band through it all and hope to be able to get in my steps. I will check in again later today. I am still loving the food log - - it really helps me to stay under my daily allotted caloric intake. Happy walking, everyone. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Regular Contributor

Happy July, everyone! Making my goal daily, but it's definitely a stretch. Even on days when I've been walking a lot I still have to do so much stepping at night. I honestly don't know how y'all can do 10k/day without walking around nearly every moment. Any tips?
Regular Contributor

Benzgirl, we have the oppressive heat here too. Walking inside is a better option on days like this. PalmTree, so sorry to hear you're going to need surgery. Being in better shape may make recovery from surgery easier. Baylie, looking forward to hearing how many steps you get in a day at Disney!! Stay safe in the heat FitBitters!
Honored Contributor

Good morning steppers. Happy July to you all! I agree about the difficulty of getting my steps in with the heat and humidity, yesterday was 95 degrees with heat index of 107...whoa, not looking to have heat stroke. On those days, just gotta be realistic and do the best we can. Good luck to us all in reaching our step goals each day.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

Good morning, Ladies. Didn't quite make my goal yesterday as I had to sit and wait forever to renew my car license. I think everybody's drivers license expired yesterday. We only have one place you can go to renew them. PalmTree, do hope everything will go well for you. Hot here too, and we have very few trees. Was was 106 here Sunday and yesterday at 6 pm was 99. Happy and safe walking today to each of you!
Super Contributor

On 7/1/2014 Baylie said:

We are going to Disney World for a week later this month and I am looking forward to lots of steps there!!!! I think I have gone Fitbit crazy! We went to see a show on Sunday with Julianne and Derek Hough and I kept thinking about how many steps they must be getting!!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Daughter and I went to celebrate her first semester away at college being completed in Dec '12 and although pre-Fitbit . . . I bought a pedometer and most days we avg. about 10 miles a day . . . ranged from a low of 9 to high of 11.

I got my Fitbit on May 8th, early Mother's Day gift . . . and I recently earned by 250 mile badge!