Respected Contributor

Welcome to the July Exercise Check In

Welcome to the July exercise check in: Post your workouts, your goals or just come on in and say Hi {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the July Exercise Check In

Well hello to me here on the 1st day of July!

Checking in with 21 day fix upper body. Used heavier weights today. Upped them by 2 pounds. Lots of abs and planks. Held it for 1 minute, 2 rounds...so that's good for me. My push ups stink still.

Hair apt I have to get ready for but want to do cardio this afternoon.

Have a wonderful day!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm just coming on in to say hi!

It looks like you really 'heart' July! July is my least favorite month for walking outside. I would much rather walk in 20-degree weather.

So....if it way too hot/humid (and I don't like to walk too late after the sun sets), I'll definitely take the bike out. It's great biking around my neck of the woods. We have a bike path (I think it goes for about 15 miles or so), but I'm only on that for part of the time.

Respected Contributor

Hi, Harpa, enjoy your bike ride. I just finished my 50 min of cardio. I worked hard. Good job!
Respected Contributor

Hi, all! Worked in the yard for 30 minutes then did the treadmill for 40. It was a really long, hard day at work, and I only got about 4 hours of choppy sleep last night. So I gad to MAKE myself do it. But sometimes that's what you've got to do!! Have a good night, all.
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone, I guess it is July! I forgot to check-in...we've been busy the past couple of days. I don't think I've even known what the TSV's have been...that's unusual, I always check those out even if I don't look at anything else!

Went to gym this morning...lifted legs then did the Arc Trainer for my cardio since my foot is acting up again. But it was good to cross-train, it was the first time dh had done the Arc Trainer and he really liked it, he could feel it because he did heavy legs yesterday. I also did the rope-pull which gets you breathing hard as well. We walked there then walked and ran back home the long way...can't go too far because of my foot...grrrrr. Then we took Lucy for 2 miles on the beach.

Yesterday we went to a different base gym, I lifted upper-body and we did a class that was pretty intense. I ate a lot last night, I was starving...probably overdid it a little especially with everything else going on...my body needed the fuel though, there wasn't any stopping it! Also went to the beach and that always makes me hungry. Everything makes me hungry! LOL! {#emotions_dlg.blush}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

We went to the exchange first and both got new running shoes, I got a pair of Brooks to try(I think it's the only brand I don't own right now)...dh had to because he left his one pair he brought with us, in his new locker at work. {#emotions_dlg.glare}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Thanks for starting us off yet again bopper!! Hi Harpa and nomless and FUTURE!

Respected Contributor

Ran yesterday, but it was wasted miles. I gave whole blood on Monday and didn't even think about it when I ran last night. I was dying. I could not get a breathing rythem. I hope tonight is better.

I am racing on the 4th of July (5K) and again on the 12th and 19th. I am going to need the running miles before.

Deb

Respected Contributor

Hi all, the humidity has left the area! Hooray...it's 67 and breezy and sunny....I have all the windows open!

Checking in with a 3 mile walk and lower body with squats, inner and outer thigh lunges, dead lifts, and abs...

Hi Harpa and SFGIANTSGIRL, glad to have you popping in here and good luck racing SF...sounds like fun!

FUTURE some days are just like that....it isn't fun but we manage some how.

Nomless Great on the Cardio....you got it done!

Pppmint I hope your foot begins to feel better. Probably best not to over do on it but I know that's hard for you Smiley Happy So nice you have the beach right there to walk down to. It's so relaxing...

Waving to all!

Respected Contributor

Patty, I found a vid about the ARC. I haven't heard of that machine before. It looks cool, I'd like to try one.

SG, yea for your blood donation. Good luck in your race on Friday!

Hi, Bopper. It's cool here, too. I love it. It will be upper 40's overnight. I'll sleep with open windows.

Tonight I'll do a strength something. TG or Katami or maybe something else.

Valued Contributor

nomless, we like it a lot better than the elliptical...can get a much better range of motion so you can feel it in your legs much sooner. You can increase the intensity as well as the incline which makes the movement change.

SFGIANTSGAL, good-luck on your race!

bopper, taking today off the foot other than walked Lucy a mile this morning.

Going to lift upper today, love having a gym so close to me...and free! Trying to wait until closer to 8 so all the active-duty guys are out of there. I know I shouldn't care, but I do...lol.

Have only been here a week and already have a hurricane coming...only us! And of course, we're right on the beach. Not going to take a direct hit here though, just rain, wind, and high surf...praying for the Outer Banks. We'll go down and watch the waves, so much power in them, really puts you in your place.

DH has his pre-op appt this morning for his shoulder. This is going to be interesting with recovery being in a hotel. Yay me.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Lucy is a hand-full on the beach. We finally had to pick her up and carry her, she isn't afraid of anything...chasing crabs that are as big as she is and pounces on them, going after sea-gulls and even grabbed a hold of its wing and hung on as it's trying to fly away...went after the snake here at the hotel...ay. She's going to give me a heart-attack.

Waving to everyone else! Have a great day!