Contributor

Please, Please, Please help me...

Please, I need help. My 1st cousin is getting married July 12th, I've had my dress for 3 months, and did not try it on. I put it on tonight, and it won't zip {#emotions_dlg.w00t}, please can anyone tell me how I can loose some back fast, really, really fast. I'm the maid of honor {#emotions_dlg.crying}, and I can't fit my dress. Please help me, no judgment please. I can't ell her, our dresses were special ordered. I can't find the color or size no where else , I'm in tears. She will be so hurt if I told her!!!! Help me...

Super Contributor

Re: Please, Please, Please help me...

If it was specially ordered, I can't believe you did not have fittings and never tried it on. Who buys a dress without trying it on. Honesty is the best policy. The sooner you tell her, the sooner you can look for another dress. Good luck

Trusted Contributor

On 6/29/2014 ditzy dori said:

If it was specially ordered, I can't believe you did not have fittings and never tried it on. Who buys a dress without trying it on. Honesty is the best policy. The sooner you tell her, the sooner you can look for another dress. Good luck

Totally agree!!! Tell her now. Don't wait until the last minute and cause her unneeded stress. You can't spot reduce overnight. It would take months of eating clean and working out correctly and religiously to reduce your overall body fat (not just weight reduction). I think it was EXTREMELY inconsiderate of you not to try that dress on sooner.
Respected Contributor

Just find someone that does alterations and have them let it out. They even do that at bridal stores.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with Kitlynn. Find a seamstress who can let it out for you. Don't wait, just do it. It will be OK. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I do agree you should look in the yellow pages and find a seamstress ASAP because if there isn't enough fabric to let out you will have to notify the bride immediately. Actually, you should let the bride know now so that she is aware of the situation. Good luck.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Contributor

Please, if you don't have anything positive to say to me, please don't post at ALL. I feel bad enough. I did try my dress on, and the lady that sized me told me to size down, because the dress fit in some areas too big, and too small across my back. I don't need no one putting me down. Help me if you can, otherwise keep your nasty comments to yourself. Thanks in advance. I think if I focus on my back area for the next few weeks I might be fine. Thanks for the positive posts.

Valued Contributor

On 6/29/2014 August37 said:

Please, if you don't have anything positive to say to me, please don't post at ALL. I feel bad enough. I did try my dress on, and the lady that sized me told me to size down, because the dress fit in some areas too big, and too small across my back. I don't need no one putting me down. Help me if you can, otherwise keep your nasty comments to yourself. Thanks in advance. I think if I focus on my back area for the next few weeks I might be fine. Thanks for the positive posts.

First of all nobody was nasty to you. Second, if the wedding is July 12, you don't have a few weeks. You have 2 weeks. I truly believe your only choice is to find a seamstress. Good luck.

Super Contributor

Yes you only have 2 wks. Not enough time to lose weight.Don't panic.A good tailor or seamstress can & will help you. (:

Honored Contributor

On 6/29/2014 August37 said:

I'm really not sure what "I think if I focus on my back area for the next few weeks I might be fine" is supposed to mean, but you are probably just kidding yourself.

The best thing to do is go to a local bridal shop or a reputable seamstress TOMORROW and see about getting the dress re-fitted to your CURRENT size. Don't compound the problem by thinking you can change your body to fit the dress in such a short time.

If you are told that the dress doesn't have enough spare material to make the alteration, then stand up straight, call the bride and tell her the truth. You owe that to her. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}