Super Contributor

Dang it! I have a darn toothache......

upper right molar area... hard to pin point where as the pain radiates out to the entire left jaw.... could not sleep hardly last night. My ear aches from it. Going in on Friday morning for checkup.... hope it does not get much worse by then..... I have a mouth full of crowns so no doubt I will have to have a root canal. It is just a waiting game with these teeth of mine. I was born with bad joints and not great teeth.{#emotions_dlg.mellow} What a bummer!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dang it! I have a darn toothache......

Sorry for you, that sounds miserable. Ibuprofen should be able to help take the edge off until your appointment on Friday.

Super Contributor

I had a toothache last week. Years ago, my brother's dentist told him to take a Benadryl to see whether it was actual tooth pain or something else. So I took a Tylenol PM (the PM is Benadryl) and my toothache went away. Just a suggestion.

Trusted Contributor

On 6/25/2014 ivey said:

I had a toothache last week. Years ago, my brother's dentist told him to take a Benadryl to see whether it was actual tooth pain or something else. So I took a Tylenol PM (the PM is Benadryl) and my toothache went away. Just a suggestion.

Oh, wow, that's a great suggestion ivey. Sometimes sinus/allergy issues send a referred sensation that mimic tooth pain, and this is definitely a bad allergy time of year. I will remember your suggestion, thanks!

Frequent Contributor

How horrible...I hate tooth issues, and it's expensive too! I wish you a quick and easy dentist visit. Atleast it's on the upper teeth, I find them easier to work on then the lower ones.
Frequent Contributor

Just wanted to add...it makes you wonder what they did 200 years ago when someone had tooth pain?? I can imagine people suffered a lot. Atleast we live in a time where a lot of this stuff can be fixed(:
Super Contributor

Thanks for the great suggestions! I will take the tylenol and the benadryl and see if that helps at all through today and tomorrow. And Bullyluv, you are so so right about how lucky we are to have the fantastic dentistry available. It is very expensive, but worth every dime spent. I like the idea of leaving a complaint with a positive spin! Now... just to get through the pain tonight and tomorrow night when it hurts the most.... perhaps resort to my stash of powerful pain meds left over from my double knee replacement a year ago... nothing better than a stash!Wink

PS.... The tylenol has kicked in and I feel SO MUCH better right now... that aching was awful! I know it is just masking the pain, but, at least I am not miserable!

Respected Contributor

Sorry you've been hurting, gazelle77....here's hoping for a quick and inexpensive fix when you go to the dentist.

Regular Contributor

Take a tablespoon of coconut oil and swish it in your mouth for 20 minutes, it will kill bacteria, soothe your gums and make your teeth white. It will tide you over until the appt. It is called oil pulling and I just started doing it, my teeth have never looked whiter and I have only done it three times.

Super Contributor

On 6/25/2014 dsky said:

Take a tablespoon of coconut oil and swish it in your mouth for 20 minutes, it will kill bacteria, soothe your gums and make your teeth white. It will tide you over until the appt. It is called oil pulling and I just started doing it, my teeth have never looked whiter and I have only done it three times.

Thanks for the suggestion! I have to get through tomorrow and will try this....I would think 20 minutes of oil in your mouth would be.....hard to do? What do you do for 20 minutes. Not whistle! Smiley Happy