Frequent Contributor

Colonoscopy.tomorrow a.m.....(.this too shall pass)

Well just wanting to have some of you nice people to chat with during a "challenging" day..
Honored Contributor

Re: Colonoscopy.tomorrow a.m.....(.this too shall pass)

And pass, and pass, and pass! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Contributor

My husband and I just had this done recently. After you get through today tomorrow will be a walk in the park! Plus you will feel great after losing all that junk! Good luck!
Contributor

Soon, all this will be history, so prevail....

I just had one done two weeks ago and the nurse told me to drink 8 oz of the GoLytely every 10 minutes etc, etc. She also told me to walk around while drinking, do not drink sitting down. It helps to walk around, so I vacuumed, mopped the floor all the while drinking the prep. Soon, action started and I was unable to clean the house anymore. I guess the reason for me telling you this, is....it made the whole procedure tolerable. Before, I would sit and drink and suffer nausea but I didn't get any of that while vacuuming. I guess moving around really got the fluid to move into my system.

The worst part of the colonoscopy is the prep, the actual test is not bad because they give you "happy juice" in the IV. Good luck, you can do this.

Super Contributor

Good luck!! I had it done two weeks ago tomorrow. All clear. The gastroenterologist said, "see ya in 5 years!" My reply, "no, you won't."

I understand the need for them but the prep was a killer. The procedure was a nothingburger. Easy recovery. They'll have to find some other way to prep for me to do it again.

Respected Contributor

Had mine last month, I agree it's the day before as we all know, but hang in there ChouChou it'll be over soon & you'll be much relieved, & to my relief I don't need another due to "age", OH well getting old has some perks. Thinking of you

Trusted Contributor

I watched my husband go through the prep drinking the oily stuff yuk!! When I had my appendectomy my surgeon suggested I have one. I told him just the thought of drinking that made me sick. He said he prescribes mirolax with gator aid. I had no problem. I just tasted the gator aid.

Jessa
Honored Contributor

Good luck.

The wording of the title made me

Trusted Contributor

I'm in the same boat you are. Mine is 8am tomorrow. This is my 5th in 3 years ( yep many digestive issues ugghhh) I am starting the drinking soon. I was told to drink 32 oz of liquid every hour all day. I guess that is to not shock your system or something. I am going to try the moving around hint. Beats staring at the fastest moving clock ever lol. Good luck and tomorrow night it will all be history !!!

Honored Contributor

Best wishes! I know I should do this, but somehow I've always managed to avoid my Dr.'s recommendation. Good for you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras