Honored Contributor

In-Home Care (assist the elderly, convalescing, etc.. 11:00 today

Saw this just now for today's Q line up. I will try to catch it.

Honored Contributor

Re: In-Home Care (assist the elderly, convalescing, etc.. 11:00 today

V32063, this is great, if you are regular weight. It wouldn't have been a wide enough seat for my dad. If he could adjust the arms out further to the sides, it might be a little handier. I'm just thinking in the case of my dad. It has to fit through doorways though. So maybe that's why that's as wide as he has it. It is a great idea if you are the size of these people (normal).

It says it'll hold up to 250, dad was 240 at his highest, but wide....his wheelchair was a wide one, not what I'd call normal. Otherwise this looks great!

Trusted Contributor

I would suggest that if someone needs assistive devices, such as walkers, wheelchairs, shower chairs, canes, elevated toilet seats, etc. and they have budget concerns- to check the Thrift Stores. You can imagine that much of this equipment has been purchased, used very little, and donated. I see so much of it when I go shopping. Wipe it down with a disinfectant, make sure it's in good condition, the proper size-and you're good to go.

I've even seen electric scooters/wheelchairs. A few weeks ago, I saw a hydraulic ramp that you could install in a van to load a wheelchair patient. Even if it needs a small repair, you could save hundreds on this equipment.

Honored Contributor

There is no way I could assemble this supposedly ""easy to assemble"" chair . . . no way.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

Estate sales are a way to buy newly, used items too. I was looking on Craiglist and estate sales for a lift chair for my DH...we found a nearly new one at garage sale for $200.00! It was in fabric that were our colors and the father had used it for 3 months when he passed away. My DH uses it everyday.

Trusted Contributor

On 6/18/2014 Angry Bird said:

Estate sales are a way to buy newly, used items too. I was looking on Craiglist and estate sales for a lift chair for my DH...we found a nearly new one at garage sale for $200.00! It was in fabric that were our colors and the father had used it for 3 months when he passed away. My DH uses it everyday.

Excellent work! That chair must have cost $$$$ brand new!

Respected Contributor

I was in a Goodwill store recently and saw many walkers and canes for a nominal amount.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/19/2014 bigsister said:

I was in a Goodwill store recently and saw many walkers and canes for a nominal amount.

So good to know!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West