Trusted Contributor

Just wondering if anybody has tried this. I guess the official name is Texas Superfood on the .com site. It's like 15 vegetables and some fruits all in one little capsule. I'm leaning towards getting it but wanted to ask if anyone else had tried it. TIA.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

Re: Dr. Black's Superfood?!?

I don't put much faith in a pill that says it contains 55 fruits and vegetables. I went to the site and it gives no helpful info at all. I would prefer to eat food in it's natural state but that's just me.

Honored Contributor

More fun to EAT a rainbow of low carb veggies + berries and green apples.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the others. Use different spices and herbs, and eat raw fruits & vegetables as much as possible. Teas - all the colors here (black, green, red & white).

If you are going to supplement, you may need EFAs and other specialized things.

Honored Contributor

I'm like everyone else...eat the fruit/veg instead of the capsule. Especially now that summer is here....when all the produce is @ its peak of freshness/sweetness. I checked out the website..their headquarters is in Carrollton...just several miles where I live! Funny.

Esteemed Contributor

I would be wary of anything labeled a "Superfood," as I don't believe such a thing exists. Sounds like a snake oil pitch and someone out there to make a pile of money out of unsuspecting people who don't know any better.

As my Nutrition professor told us in our college level Nutrition course, always go for the real thing, because you not only get the nutrients from the food items, but also fiber and many other excellent food-related items that are so good for your stomach, gut and body in general.

Honored Contributor

Dr. Black's Superfood?!?

Didn't know there was such a thing. Pretty up on nutrition and what works best for my body, but I have yet to find a "superfood", whatever is meant by that term. Can't comment other than to say this. If someone is saying that eating certain foods will supercharge a person?

Save your money.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Sounds like something my coworker sells, JuicePlus. I haven't heard of Dr. Black's, but I know JuicePlus is the same general premise- fruits and vegetables in capsule form.

Not applicable

I am using it, and I absolutely love it. I'm quite disabled, but it's making me feel so much better. To read my product review: www.TexasSuperfood.INFO .

Honored Contributor

Quite a coinkydink, I was just going to ask about this. It surely sounds interesting. Because we're leaning toward going GF and limiting our fruits mostly to assorted berries, I'm actually thinking about buying it, but need to do some more research. It would be a way for us to get the benefits of the ordinarily sweeter fruits without consuming all the sugar. It's not cheap, but I'm sure if we go on it that we can give up some of the other supplements so it could balance out in the long run. Still in the thinking mode.