Respected Contributor

CURVES moved and all my projects are caught up...now it's time to exercise again!

After reaching 1200 visits, I found my Curves had to move farther away. Completed emptying out a deceased relative's 5-bedroom house and finished my Spring cleaning after returning from FL. Had to do something to get back my energy level and flexibility since I hadn't exercised since mid- November. At this age, I needed to do something to stay healthy and in shape. As I came out of Giant, there it was "Anytime Fitness" 24/7!!! Filled the paperwork out and found that they honor Silver Sneakers program (free as part of my insurance). Tomorrow is Day One and I hope to lose at least 10 pounds gained over the last 5 months. Can't wait!!!
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Contributor

Re: CURVES moved and all my projects are caught up...now it's time to exercise again!

You will do good. Hopefully they have a zumba/dance class. My Curves closed and it was so hard as I had made a number of friends. But we now have a regular luncheon at a restaurant every six weeks (about 25 of us) and a lot of us have joined the same gym. So it all turned out good after all.

Respected Contributor

Re: CURVES moved and all my projects are caught up...now it's time to exercise again!

Because of a kneecap issue, I can't do Zumba: the fast turns/twists hurt my knee. I love the music and when I watch the folks doing the moves I just want to jump in. However, the pain afterwards is off putting.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill