Contributor

Tingling in feet after chemo

I know the tingling is a side effect of chemo. When the tingling stops my feet hurt. Does anyone know of a cream or lotion to help with this? Also fingers tingle and I can't stand touching anything cold. Any suggestions? Thank you
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tingling in feet after chemo

Have you told your Dr about it? It's Neuropathy. There are medications that can help, but I don't think there is anything topical that will help.

May God bless you on your journey.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Regular Contributor

Sorry I don't know of anything to help but I just want to say that I am sorry that you are having to go through chemo. I wish you the best and hope you feel better as soon as possible.

I have had 2 cancers and just had a breast cancer scare.

Regular Contributor

I have neuropathy from chemo and a chemo drug I take for maintainance. There is no cure for multiple myeloma. Neuropathy is possibly what you have. It may resolve with time. You need to discuss it with your oncologist/PCP. I use gabapentin. Some use lyrica.I haven't found a cream that helps. My feet will burn icy cold, then burn. It isn't my feet, it is in the nerves.
Frequent Contributor

Check with your doctor, But glutamine is recommended for neuropathy. You buy it in a vitamin store in power form and mix it with a beverage.

Respected Contributor

I get dancing nerves in my feet and a tingling feeling so I put Ben Gay on the bottom of my feet and it is amazing but it stops it. Now my sister had tingling feet after Chemo also and I told her about using Ben Gay so she tried it and it worked. Now I don't know if it will work for you but it is worth trying.

Respected Contributor

mimi, if you are still undergoing chemo, tell your doctor and they can possibly reduce the amount of the chemo drug causing this neuropathy each time. I was on FOLFOX, which has oxaliplatin in it, which is what causes it. As far as the cold, mine only lasted for a few days each time and then decreased until the next chemo.

I ended up with neuropathy in hands , feet and legs. Pretty bad at first, but decreases a lot at times. Be careful if your balance gets off from this, so you don't fall. I am on gabapentin, methylcobalimin 5000mcg. daily (health food store) and it may be helping.

My best wishes and ((((HUGS))))))) for you!!

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

I have the numbness in my fingers and heels/toes that has gotten worse since I finished chemo in 2013. I was on taxol for 12 weeks which is when it started for me. I have no pain and just more numbness than tingling. I am very sensitive to both heat and especially cold. I took the glutamine all thru chemo and I'm not sure if it helped much. You stir the powder into a liquid 2x a day. I agree with talking to you onc dr.

Honored Contributor

On 4/22/2014 Mama Mia said:

mimi, if you are still undergoing chemo, tell your doctor and they can possibly reduce the amount of the chemo drug causing this neuropathy each time. I was on FOLFOX, which has oxaliplatin in it, which is what causes it. As far as the cold, mine only lasted for a few days each time and then decreased until the next chemo.

I ended up with neuropathy in hands , feet and legs. Pretty bad at first, but decreases a lot at times. Be careful if your balance gets off from this, so you don't fall. I am on gabapentin, methylcobalimin 5000mcg. daily (health food store) and it may be helping.

My best wishes and ((((HUGS))))))) for you!!

mm

Mama--can you tell me about gabapentin? I have just started taking it and have some questions. Would you offer up your expertise?

thx

Esteemed Contributor

I had chemo 8 yrs ago and experienced the tingling in my feet. Thru the years, the tingling lessened and now I'm hardly aware of it. My feet are always cold and I wear socks, even to bed.