Contributor
I seldom post and earlier today I asked for any feedback from anyone who has heard of this program. I'm so disappointed no one knows anything about it. The ladies at my gym are getting fabulous results and I'm going to try it next week. Thank you!!
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Theresa. I haven't heard of this program. I'm into the 5:2 plus exercise. Tell us about this plan and good luck to you.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Hi Theresa.

I haven't heard of this program yet. When you find out from the girls at the gym, it would be appreciated if you could post back. I'm interested.

Contributor
Thanks for the replies!! I ordered my kit and I start a week from tomorrow. Just google 24 day challenge. It's very interesting - you eat normal food and no restrictions. Also, the you tube videos are informative. It's definitely worth trying to see if it breaks the plateau.
Honored Contributor
If you eat "normal food" and "no restrictions" then you would be starting out with no reason to do anything different, so I'm not sure what the challenge would be. This program has received many negative reviews in the various places where it is sold, and extended so called "cleanses" are not necessary but can be achieved, if one is so inclined, much faster by having a colonoscopy, which also yields a useful health result. Find out if anyone in yourgym experienced negative results, discuss this program with a trained health professional who is not selling it, and save your money.
Trusted Contributor

I looked it up and this is the one I read about: 24daychallengeshop dot com/what-is-the-24-day-challenge. Perhaps it's not the same one you are looking into.

It sounds interesting but it is a lot of "supplements" you purchase from them including a drink for energy and a protein shake in the second phase. You do have to restrict a lot of foods like sugar and other "bad" carbs like bread, corn and potatoes. Especially in the first 10 days of cleansing.

So I think it sounds like something that is doable but this one definitely isn't just "normal food" with "no restrictions" Smiley Wink

I do think I'm going to start a low carb eating plan since I know I'm sensitive to things like a lot of processed wheat and sugar. Our normal American diet is typically full of that stuff and we have to make a major effort to not eat it like that. I'm not saying it has to be hard but you have to think about meal planning/shopping to have the proper foods on hand. And break some bad habits. Stuff we (my family) normally grab to eat is very bad for us!

KJPA
New Contributor

The 24-day challenge is by Advocare. I've did it last year and had success with it. The first 10 days are for the cleanse. This is not a typical cleanse that most people think of. It's more to flush out sugars and chemicals one may be eating if they eat alot of processed foods. You still eat a normal, clean diet during the cleanse phase. It doesn't cause any stomach or digestive issues or anything like that. The second phase is where you start taking the daily supplements in addition to continuing a clean diet (lots of fresh vegetables, lean protein,etc.). I lost 9 lbs on the 24-day challenge and continue to lose another 7 lbs in the 2 months following by continuing with the eating plan and supplements.

I quit taking it because it is very expensive, and I'm also not a big supplement person. I just don't like taking that many pills a day. I think you can achieve the same results by just eliminating the junk from your diet. Eat lean protein, vegetables and fruit and eliminate processed food and fast food, and you will likely see similar results.