Respected Contributor

I've had it for about 12 years,and try to remember to wear it each day. Well, I forgot to take it off. I threw my jeans in the wash and put the clothes in the fryer. My hubby heard something making a noise in the dryer. There it was!!!

I took it apart and let it dry out. I figured it wouldn't work, so I ordered another one. Just got it in the mail. It measures my steps, calories and miles.

UPDATE

I looked at the washed one and guess what it works. I set it for my hubbies weight and stride. So now he has one. Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: I washed my pedometer!!!!

Barbarainnc 2.0... New & improved version! You AND the pedometer. Hee!

Respected Contributor

I meant to type dryer instead of fryer!!!!

Trusted Contributor

All is well that ends well, Our dryer is like a fryer lol Smiley Happy Glad it still works, I was going to suggest throwing it in a bag of dry rice but you don't have to now.

Honored Contributor

On 4/16/2014 Barbarainnc said:

I meant to type dryer instead of fryer!!!!

You can cook some french fries while you're at it.

Esteemed Contributor

Barbarainnc,

Glad things turned out so well! May I ask what brand you have since you have had it for 12 years and where did you purchase it? I think if I had one it may inspire me to walk more.

BTW I heard that same sound from the dryer one time - my DH's cellphone YIKES!!! You better believe I check the pockets twice before throwing in the washer!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Go to http://www.yamax-digiwalker.com/yamax-sw701.html

I got the black one and make sure you get the Pedometer Safety Leash to keep it attached to your clothing. They explain how to set your weight and stride. I have a short stride. I put in 1.25. It's fun to see how many steps you've taken in a day, how many miles your have walked and how many calories you have burned. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

that is the web site, but it's not going to it??

Contributor

what are strides? why do we need them?

Respected Contributor

With this pedometer, you walk off 10 steps and count how many ft that is. Then divide it by 10 to get your stride. My hubbies 10 steps= 21 ft, so his stride was 2.1. The closest was 2.0 so thats what I put in the pedometer.

My 10 steps were = to 12 ft. 12 divided by 10 gave me 1.25, so thats what I put in.

Stride is measured steps.

With this pedometer you have to set the stride and your weight, the instructions tell you how to do this.