Super Contributor

So, when was the last time you fell and skinned your knees?

Me. Today. In the parking lot. Both knees. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I am way too old to be falling down. I am now a statistic. But I was able to get up. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

What amazes me is that it only took about 10 minutes for my left knee to swell up. I guess my immune system works.

Now, I think I'd better go chill some wine. I'm going to need it later. Wink

Super Contributor

Re: So, when was the last time you fell and skinned your knees?

Oh I'm sorry. Hope you feel better.
Valued Contributor

So sorry,

I too am trying to recover from a sprained ankle caused by mild exercise. I wish you a speedy recovery!

Honored Contributor

So sorry you had a bad fall. I fell last October when we got back to florida - went to a car cruise and I tripped on a raised bit of sidewalk and fell. I still have the scar - I came right down on my knees .

Esteemed Contributor

Very sorry about your accident! Are you patched up? Were you bleeding?

It was 2 years ago for me! Right knee, right hand. I was on a shore vacation with my DD and her family. My DGD and I were anxious to hit the beach! There was this stupid hump in the road (that slows the cars) and I was giggling and talking with her, and I couldn't catch myself.

With all the skin things I have, I still see where I injured my knee & hand. I think if I had left off the Neosporin, and stuck to my herbals, I think I would have healed more quickly, to be honest.

Valued Contributor

OUCH!
Honored Contributor

I hope you heal quickly!

Several weeks ago I fell twice w/in a week or so. My feet shrank & I needed smaller shoes. I've since purchased two pairs. Need a few more. It is hard to replace all of one's shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

Last April.

Fell for no apparent reason while walking from my house to the car, skinned both knees and split my upper lip in half. It was a true miracle that I did not lose any teeth, In addition, my trip to the emergency room detected very high blood pressure, for which I continue to take meds. The knees and lip have healed without a trace that anything ever happened. I think maybe an angel tripped me that day and saved my life.

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

Trusted Contributor

Oh my gosh, I am glad you didn't break anything ! I hate to say it , but the soreness and pain -is yet to come. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Do chill that wine.

I took my fall about six weeks ago right here at home. Went out back , was looking back at my dogs , stumbled over an edging stone and down I went on both knees , right on pink Ozark stones. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

They only bled a little, bruised a lot, and I am sure did nothing for the arthritis- that I already have in both knees. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I had no wine, or it would have been chilling.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Take care and enjoy that wine. Smile

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

On 4/14/2014 queendiva said:

Last April.

Fell for no apparent reason while walking from my house to the car, skinned both knees and split my upper lip in half. It was a true miracle that I did not lose any teeth, In addition, my trip to the emergency room detected very high blood pressure, for which I continue to take meds. The knees and lip have healed without a trace that anything ever happened. I think maybe an angel tripped me that day and saved my life.

You are lucky you didn't damage your teeth!

Have you explained to your angel that there are better methods than shoving you to the ground? {#emotions_dlg.blush}