Respected Contributor

Hey ~ I finally got my Pilates back, after being without for almost 5 years. So, does anyone want to come over and help me put it together? It's sitting in a BIG BOX. ARGH!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

OK ~ Talking to myself. LOL It's out of the box now... Many pieces. I hate the words ~ Easy Assembly!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

Don't know what brand Pilates you are talking about here. I have owned 2 of them with the 1st one being the original Stamina Aero Pilates that came with a stand included. It assembled easily as far as the machine itself goes, the stand was not near as easy to put together.

I sold this to my sister because I did not like the stand and having to work on it all the time. Then ordered and received my present Stamina Pilates Premier XP machine. The only thing I had to to was take it out of the box/put the foam black shoulder pads on the posts and unfold it. It was then ready to go. It also folds easily and has wheels to roll it around. Since we have a huge basement gym none of my many pieces of exercise equipment need to be folded or put away. They are all ready to use.

If you read this far? Time to start assembling! :-)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I got the Stamina Aero Pilates with the stand. It is very close to what I had before. I have been waiting for one of the boys, or the husband to offer to help, but they are steering clear. LOL

I gotta just set my mind to it, READ THE DIRECTIONS, and get it done.

Honored Contributor
On 4/13/2014 Mistic said:

I got the Stamina Aero Pilates with the stand. It is very close to what I had before. I have been waiting for one of the boys, or the husband to offer to help, but they are steering clear. LOL

I gotta just set my mind to it, READ THE DIRECTIONS, and get it done.

Ladies are many times better than their male counterparts when it comes to putting things together. Why? Woman have more of a tendency to read the instructions than men. The male seems to think their brain knows exactly how to do these simple(?)things, but usually they turn out not to be so simple.

Best way to do this is read the section that shows a picture of each part/lay them all out on the floor/then 1 direction at a time and slowly. That is what I've found works best for me and I've assembled and taken apart more exercise equipment over the decades than I think those that are in the gym business.

Good luck to ya!

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I will try to adhere to your advice. Lay out all the parts, and go one step at a time. Thanks for the pep talk. I can do this... I can do this...