Esteemed Contributor

anyone use this already?

I bought the 800 caps. I know he's pricey but I think the quality can't be beat.

Honored Contributor

Re: AL Ultimate Eye Support TS

I don't take the product daily. I take it every other day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I take daily and so does my DH. Thanks for the reminder that it is the TS today!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

His product is only 5 mg Lutein per capsule, I buy 40 mg Lutein caps from Puritans Pride.

Honored Contributor

I have a friend who takes some kind of eye vitamin supplement. She has had a detached retina.

Just since last night I am going to have to get to the eye Dr. I notice something isn't right.

Please tell me more about these vitamins.

I've always had my eyes checked every year or 1 1/2 years.

Honored Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Shelbelle said:

His product is only 5 mg Lutein per capsule, I buy 40 mg Lutein caps from Puritans Pride.

His products contain more than just one ingredient. In most cases it is more beneficial to have smaller amounts of several important ingredients than a huge amount of just one.

Procaps eye support products have made a huge difference for me.

Honored Contributor

On 4/13/2014 willdob3 said:
On 4/13/2014 Shelbelle said:

His products contain more than just one ingredient. In most cases it is more beneficial to have smaller amounts of several important ingredients than a huge amount of just one.

Procaps eye support products have made a huge difference for me.

It is the Lutein and Zeaxanthin that are the important actives for the eyes. I want these 2 in high potency. I get most all his other ingredients in my multiple vitamin or other supplements.

Respected Contributor

I used to use AL's eye support, but they are very pricey. I have since switched to Simply Right that I get at Sam'c Club. It's 25mg of Lutein and 5 mg Zeaxanthin, and I take one in the morning at one at night as advised by my Ophthalmologist. I had retinal problems for the past 6 years. I started taking AL's eye support about 3 years ago and did notice an improvement, and my Dr noticed it as well. He agreed with my change to the Simply Right.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't take multi-vitamins (just calcium/D from Sam's Club) the other ingredients should be fine for me. I really like that there are no fillers, just the gelatin capsule.

I had lasik eye surgery 10 years ago and my sight has not changed much. I have floaters, always have. My dad had a detached retina. My mom had corneal transplants. I don't remember why. She had a cataract develop recently.

Hopefully it will maintain my eye health.

Respected Contributor

Andrew's Ultimate Eye Support has 10 mg of Lutein (not 5 as another poster said) and 4 mg of Zeaxanthin. It also has Citrus Bioflavonoids, Green Tea, Bilberry, EGCG, Grape Seed, and Black Elder. It also has Vitamin A (from beta carotene so you won't overdose) and small amounts of Vitamins C and E. Plus his capsules are the only ones I can swallow comfortably. As someone who has retinal vein occlusion, I wouldn't be without them.