Honored Contributor

Kirstie Alley To Be A Jenny Craig Spokeswoman

I read in the paper she will be doing Jenny Craig again. She said she gained 30 pounds. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she have a weight loss line she was selling on QVC? It just shows you how "diets" don't work. I am a WW lifetime member and feel this program really works. You are allowed to have what you want in moderation and never feel deprived.
Valued Contributor

Re: Kirstie Alley To Be A Jenny Craig Spokeswoman

On 4/9/2014 jordan2 said: I read in the paper she will be doing Jenny Craig again. She said she gained 30 pounds. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she have a weight loss line she was selling on QVC? It just shows you how "diets" don't work. I am a WW lifetime member and feel this program really works. You are allowed to have what you want in moderation and never feel deprived.

jordan2:

You are absolutely right, she certainly did. I remember seeing her with Carolyn Gracie, maybe a year or so ago, where Kirstie was touting the benefits of her weight loss product. I think Carolyn mentioned trying the product and encouraged all of us to follow along.

As Dr. Phil might say "so, how's that workin' out for ya now Kirstie"...

Not making fun of how hard it is to lose weight, God knows I've got first hand knowledge of that, but can't agree with you more, diets are generally not successful in the long run.

Maria

Respected Contributor

She also lost weight doing Jenny before that. She is a great fat loser so its good for Jenny Craig to have her as their face. I love Her! She is a real person like the rest of us.

Honored Contributor

I think Kirstie will have weight issues for life no matter what program she follows. She doesn't seem like she's very good with ""moderation"". At least not for long!

Honored Contributor

When it comes to losing weight, there is no "one size fits all" method. I think WW works for most people but it never worked for me. I would lose 10-15 lbs and then my weight loss would just stop. That was frustrating and since the WW group leaders are not nutritionists and not clinicians and have very limited knowledge on the subject; they would just assume that I wasn't adhering to the program. So, that just made me angry on top of frustrated. I found a meal replacement program that did work for me. High protein entrees, protein shakes, fruits/veggies but like Kirstie, when I went back to eating a "healthy" "balanced" diet, I 30lbs. Half the weight I lost. Kirstie did have her own weight loss products but I think everyone knows that was junk that was just on the market to make some money for Kirstie. No one took it seriously, apparently not even Kirstie herself. So, she's going back to the program she knows will work for her. And will pay her some big bucks! I think Jenny Craig hired again because the company is marketing itself to people like Kirstie and myself. And there are millions of us.

Respected Contributor

I've done both WW and Jenny Craig, and had very good results with both - WW probably easier, since they don't restrict you to their food. Truthfully it would be good for me to go back to one of them. I could benefit from losing about five to ten pounds.

But I have to say that having a "celebrity" spokesperson never influenced me to go with either one. I think it's logical to assume that they're being paid to say something, and that they probably have someone at home doing the food prep for them. So what the average celeb says means nothing to an average lady like me.

Kristie's YO YO dieting isn't an encouragement to me either. She's obviously a lady with continuing weight issues, and after Jenny Craig she'll be gaining again. Not someone I want to emulate.

Super Contributor

Jenny Craig is supposedly going to incorporate Kristie's weigh loss products into their line. Interesting.
Trusted Contributor

She's good at losing weight, terrible at keeping it off. I think she has deep issues when it comes to food. Not a doctor, just my opinion.

Respected Contributor

She's good at yo-yo dieting. She should not be representing any diet program.

Valued Contributor

I agree--the yo-yo celebrity dieter is not a good choice for a diet program spokesperson. However, if you look at the statistics, the yo-yo dieter, or those that can't keep the weight off permanently represents *most* people. Unfortunately. There are few spokespeople that really have made it work longer-term--the first example that comes to mind is Jennifer Hudson (no longer with WW), and Jenny McCarthy.