Super Contributor

Are you happy with your body in the mirror in the raw?

I am one of those people who look in the mirror everyday and see areas I do not like on my 58 year old body. It is easy to put on clothes, spanx (or what have you)and cover/hide and pull it in and up... but how many of you really look at yourself in the mirror with nothing on? Do you really know how you look naked? I think most people do not look at themselves in the raw. I totally understand as it is hard for me to look at my body as well. I just think it is good to see yourself for what you are and then maybe it will motivate you to improve OR, just allow you to accept your flaws and love yourself for what it is.Smile

Super Contributor

Re: Are you happy with your body in the mirror in the raw?

Not right now. I have put on weight that I am hoping to take off this spring and summer. My neighbor and I started taking one-hour fast walks Monday night and it feels so good to be exercising again.

I am thankful that I have a healthy body, but I'd be lying if I said I weren't affected by signs of aging. I turned 50 on 3/22.

When I look in the mirror I can visualize what I would look like 10-15 pounds lighter because that's where I was about a year and a half ago. My arms and thighs were slimmer, my stomach was flatter and my bottom was tighter. That's what I'm hoping for again. And I keep telling myself that it's a very realistic goal.

Super Contributor

NO!

Regular Contributor

Yes!
Trusted Contributor

After losing over 100 lbs over the last few years I make it a point to focus on myself in the mirror. It's one way to keep me focused on the lifestyle changes I have made.

However, I do tend to zero in and focus on the negative and what I can do to "fix" it instead of just being happy with how far I have come. Not sure how good or bad that really is...

Super Contributor

NO! I don't want to see me or anyone else naked.

Regular Contributor

NO! At my age, this is considered some sort of self-torture!! I don't need to do that to myself.

Super Contributor

On 4/2/2014 maddiecat said:I am thankful that I have a healthy body, but I'd be lying if I said I weren't affected by signs of aging. I turned 50 on 3/22.

When I look in the mirror I can visualize what I would look like 10-15 pounds lighter because that's where I was about a year and a half ago. My arms and thighs were slimmer, my stomach was flatter and my bottom was tighter. That's what I'm hoping for again. And I keep telling myself that it's a very realistic goal.

That is exactly where I am! Turned 50 in November. The last year, mt body has a mind of it's own. Where did my waist go? ugh. I do not like looking at myself in the mirror clothed let alone naked. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

I don't know; I haven't looked for years.

Super Contributor

I'm not thrilled with my saddle bags and my arms could use some work, but otherwise I'm very happy with my body. This winter I gained 10 pounds, which Im now trying to lose. I'm 43, so I don't consider myself old yet, but I sure do wish I had the tiny waist And perky boobs that I had in my 20's! I have cellulite no matter what I do, so I've accepted that.