Regular Contributor

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good Meditation CD? I am new to it and am getting overwhelmed with all the different CD's I have researched online. Some of the reviews are so mixed. Even the ones with really good reviews.

Honored Contributor

I don't but, if you have a smartphone, I would suggest checking for free meditation apps before buying anything else.

Super Contributor
You might also see what is available on YouTube. There will be reviews and comments there, too.
“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
New Contributor

Peggy Cappy's meditation/relaxation CDs are excellent. So are her yoga videos. She makes yoga doable for all ages and all levels of flexibility. I love her Yoga for the Rest of Us because I am flexibility challenged LOL. I learned about her when I saw her on Public Television.

Honored Contributor

Andrew Weil has a double CD, Meditation for Optimum Health with Jon Kabat-Zinn (author of "Wherever You Go, There You Are". The first CD discusses the benefits and science behind meditation and the second has several different meditations.

I found it very helpful when I first started meditation (which wasn't very long ago!).

Frequent Contributor

While you are searching for instruction, just practice. Sit comfortably and focus on your breathing. When your mind wanders, and it will, refocus, wanders refocus, etc...

Honored Contributor

I didn't use a CD, I used some books on my Kindle.

I used 8 Minute Meditation: Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life and another book I can't find on Amazon now. If you have a Smartphone, you can also check out GPS for the Soul.

Respected Contributor

http://www.tarabrach.com/audioarchives-guided-meditations.html

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Super Contributor

I love the Into the Gap CD by Dr. Wayne Dyer. It is like you almost become unconcious while following his instructions for meditating. My mind feels totally refreshed afterwards.

Esteemed Contributor
Lila's Folan has simple and effective CD's. Meditation is like exercising it gets better and more efficient with practice.