Contributor

Questions about Twisted Colon and occult blood found......

This could be kind of long, so I apologize in advance....I had my 5 year colonoscopy performed in June (strong family history) and it was incomplete. My doctor told me I had a twisted colon and he couldn't get all the way through. He advised me to have a Barium Enema, but no hurry. I did go ahead and schedule it for next Tuesday.

I have been having a pain in my left abdomen, since late May, but thought the colonoscopy would rule any problems out. The pain is very dull, and it goes and comes. I don't feel it at all when standing or lying down, just sitting. I went to the dr last week to discuss this, and they gave me blood tests, a urine test and a stool sample test which I did at home and returned to them yesterday.

I got a call late afternoon yesterday to let me know there was occult blood found in my sample. The nurse who called told me after the Barium Enema, the dr would make an appointment and we could talk about the result. So my questions are....

1. Anyone ever deal with a twisted colon?

2. Does occult blood ever come from something besides cancer?

I am very worried as both parents have had Colon cancer. My dad passed away from it in 1981, and my mom is an 8 year survivor. I had a colonoscopy 5 years ago and it was clean no twisted colon then.

I appreciate any feedback! Thanks!