Fall Fashion Clearance
23 Members and 14670 Guests Online

Health & Fitness

Nutrisystem not doing well?

Started 1268676294.147 in Health & Fitness | Last reply 1269260990.41 by zoologist

Just saw this article on Aol.com 

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/investing/dont-blame-flabby-jocks-for-nutrisystems-woes/19396567/?icid=main|aim|dl4|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailyfinance.com%2Fstory%2Finvesting%2Fdont-blame-flabby-jocks-for-nutrisystems-woes%2F19396567%2F

 

Hope that link works, never posted a link on here before

 

What's everyones thoughts? Sounds like they're not doing well. No mention of QVC in the article

 

Page 1 of 1
ok4ablonde21268676429.0438837 PostsRegistered 3/9/2009Midwest

They need to quit spending all the big bucks for the celebrities and lower the price of their food.  By the time you spend over $300.00 for the NS food and then also buying all the add-ins at the grocery store it becomes unaffordable.

"We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland

ibb381268677406.4712007 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

The plan doesn't work - that's the main problem!!! Frown  Surprised I felt like I was starving myself to lose weight- the portions are teeny. And when I lost a bunch I added extra protein to the meals so I'd feel a bit more full- and then I gained. It's not a 'lifestyle' way to lose weight- I can't see myself doing it for the long term. And that's what's needed for the long haul!

All the male celebrity endoresements are nuts, I can't imagine a guy being ok with the teeny portions. Unless the male plan allows twice the food! But $300/month turns into $600 FAST.

ok4ablonde21268678808.8378837 PostsRegistered 3/9/2009Midwest

I lost 25 lbs. on NS, but I could no longer afford it.

I think on the male plan you get 2 NS snacks per day.

 

 

Last edited on 3/15/2010

Last edited on 3/15/2010

"We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland

Doopsie1268679495.9641 PostsRegistered 11/20/2004Ohio

Don't you have to have a huge freezer to keep all the food in?

Member since 1988

nomless1268680525.394357 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Nope.  The food is shelf safe.  No need to put it in the refrig or freezer.

loveangel11268686693.027362 PostsRegistered 2/22/2010

I lost 30 lbs.   I could use it more




Dr-Phil1268687202.777209 PostsRegistered 11/19/2008

Out of all of their food offerings, only a handful was palatable and this caused boredom after a month on the plan.  Also, even with all of those add on foods which cause NS to be a $400-$500 a month investment, you are still starving all the time.  The portions shown on the QVC shows seem to have "grown".

In the moment of darkness, you need a hand to pull you through. I know you will survive.

Katiecakes1268698282.353132 PostsRegistered 2/13/2008CT

I agree, I tried it for about 2 months, lost 10lbs, but was constantly sick from the food. I don't know what the put it in...laxatives?? The portions were tiny and look like dog food. The macaroni & cheese is probably my LEAST favorite, it has a chemical taste to it.

I don't get how a man could food satisified eating the portions, too small.

Nutrisystem was on in January and didn't they say they weren't coming back all year?

ok4ablonde21268750288.068837 PostsRegistered 3/9/2009Midwest
On 3/15/2010 MrJoshua said:

Out of all of their food offerings, only a handful was palatable and this caused boredom after a month on the plan.  Also, even with all of those add on foods which cause NS to be a $400-$500 a month investment, you are still starving all the time.  The portions shown on the QVC shows seem to have "grown".

The portions look huge on QVC because they put veggies underneath to bulk it up.

"We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland

Troop_Angel1268955773.7775414 PostsRegistered 4/22/2006

I see where Nutrisystem is back on the Q again within the next few days!  (In January, I thought they said it would be back on until March.)  Every time I see it presented, I am SO tempted to get it.  But then I read all of the negative reviews and forget it.  I'll just have to stick with WW and Leslie DVDs.  I know that works, but it's slow going. 


hulagirl1268956097.3936928 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Weight Watcher is the only thing that really works for me.......it's true you have to count points, but it doesn't take long to become second nature and there's really nothing you can't eat (as long as you have the points for it)......a much more realistic plan if you need guidance in losing weight.

Last edited on 3/18/2010

Last edited on 3/18/2010

margarita561268956223.68539 PostsRegistered 6/29/2008North Alabama

Costco sells a much more affordable plan.  $269 for 35 days of food.  You get a card with a code on it, and then go to the nutrisystem website to pick your foods.  It's a good deal for those wanting to go or stay on the plan. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful,
hate me because I'm obnoxious.

Troop_Angel1268956323.215414 PostsRegistered 4/22/2006
On 3/18/2010 hulagirl said:

Weight Watcher is the only thing that really works for me.......it's true you have to count points, but it doesn't take long to become second nature and there's really nothing you can't eat (as long as you have the points for it)......a much more realistic plan if you need guidance in losing weight.

 

Last edited on 3/18/2010

 Yes, I agree.  And with Summer coming, I can't wait for steamed crabs and corn on the cob -- all within my Points limit, of course!  lol!


zoologist1269260990.4071745 PostsRegistered 1/29/2010
On 3/15/2010 ibb38 said:

The plan doesn't work - that's the main problem!!! Frown  Surprised I felt like I was starving myself to lose weight- the portions are teeny. And when I lost a bunch I added extra protein to the meals so I'd feel a bit more full- and then I gained. It's not a 'lifestyle' way to lose weight- I can't see myself doing it for the long term. And that's what's needed for the long haul!

All the male celebrity endoresements are nuts, I can't imagine a guy being ok with the teeny portions. Unless the male plan allows twice the food! But $300/month turns into $600 FAST.

If you only ate the NS food, you're right - small portions.

BUT if you follow the plan, their prepared items are just a SMALL PART of your food plan.  The vast majority of the meals is LOTS of fresh veggies, salads, fruits, dairy, etc. that you purchase and prepare in addition to the NS items.

Page 1 of 1