Valued Contributor

We are a group, who have had or are currently fighting cancer. We offer support and share our experiences , if you have cancer and need support we want to help, sometimes it helps to just talk to others who have been in your shoes.

Respected Contributor

Grits, one appointment at a time. Nothing else you can do. I know you and your husband are afraid. We live from one test to another on this board. Lot's of treatment out there so don't lose hope.

Jxx

Regular Contributor

Losing my precious bunny has been very difficult and made even more unbearable with the possibly of having cancer.

After all the testing, I found out that they cannot determine whether or not I have cancer, so I have to have surgery.

I have to gather the strength for the surgery and also for any other treatment that may be necessary. I should be alright in the long run, but it may a a rough road ahead.

I would sure appreciate continued prayer for my health and healing...

Thank you much for your kindness and your prayers!

Regular Contributor
On 12/30/2013 Kindlereader said: Hello All, sending belated happy holiday wishes to you. Bluejay, sending you comforting thoughts & hugs. I'm so sorry you lost your beloved bunny. And try not to let your brain race when you're not sure of test results. Easier said than done I know. We will be here for you. Jackie, omg, no power for 2 days, ugh! Glad it's all straightened out now. We arrived home last evening after a fun few days w/my family. Drove through bad weather both ways, last night was white knuckle driving & I was so happy when we pulled into the garage. Looks like another storm is coming Thursday & Friday. Sheljo, hang in there & let us know how we can help you. Sending good thoughts to you as well. I ask for health, happiness & joy for each & every one of us for 2014 and beyond. Kindle

Thank you very much. It has been unbearable at times.

Even though my results are inconclusive, at least my results didn't come back as malignant. I can still hope that there will be no cancer after the surgery.

Regular Contributor
On 12/30/2013 sheljo said:

Had a call from my primary Dr saying I needed to make an appt. with a hematologist/oncologist due to the results of my blood work. She is suspecting multiple myeloma. My appt. is Jan 8. What a crummy way to start the new year.

I looked online and of course now I know more than I ever wanted to know. Whats really scarey is there is no cure. Does anyone have first hand experience with this?

I know it is scary, but like others have told me, hang on until you get the results. Hopefully you will have worried for nothing!

Wishing you happiness and health in the New Year!

Respected Contributor
On 1/1/2014 bluejay said:

Even though my results are inconclusive, at least my results didn't come back as malignant. I can still hope that there will be no cancer after the surgery.

Inconclusive results still does leave room for hope that there will be no cancer after surgery, which is my hope for you. When is your surgery scheduled? I know, still more waiting, it seems like that's all we do sometimes, but hang in there, you will get through this.

Contributor
You're welcome bluejay. Will keep you in my prayers & hope that your surgery goes well & that there is NO cancer. Hugs, kindle
Regular Contributor
On 12/31/2013 Lyn08 said:

I pray every night for all of you. I hope and pray that your test results will be good. I also pray that soon there will be a permanent cure for cancer.

I wish you and your family a very happy, healthy New Year 2014.

Thank you Lyn for your prayers! Please know that they are very much appreciated!

Wishing a happy and healthy New Year for you also!

Regular Contributor
On 1/1/2014 Lannie said:
On 1/1/2014 bluejay said:

Inconclusive results still does leave room for hope that there will be no cancer after surgery, which is my hope for you. When is your surgery scheduled? I know, still more waiting, it seems like that's all we do sometimes, but hang in there, you will get through this.

Lanny, I haven't met with the surgeon yet. I still have to get some bloodwork done and meet with the surgeon so I don't know when the surgery will be yet but my PCP wants me to have surgery as soon as possible as my mass is kind of large and may or may not be cancerous.

Of course I am praying that it will not be cancerous!

I will let you all know when I will be having surgery.

Thanks for all your support and for keeping me in your prayers!

Respected Contributor

Bluejay they want those nodules out because if it becomes big enough it can press on your windpipe. Not a good thing. But there are benign nodules that just happen. My thing is if it doesn't belong there out it comes.