Share the Love
16 Members and 13590 Guests Online

Health & Fitness

Tell me about Raspberry Ketones?

Started 1348159650.523 in Health & Fitness | Last reply 1348228587.38 by Nellie B
replies

Hi Everyone,

I am not one for gimmicks or the "hot", new nutrient, mineral, or weight loss item. I tend to stick with the tried and true and really attempt to research things myself thoroughly before adding them to my diet. However, the raspberry ketone thing has me intrigued. I really know nothing about them, but I will research! Just wanted to know from the group here if anyone has had success using them for help with energy levels, and perhaps, aiding in weight loss?

I realize that I'm probably late to this discussion. I'm a bit behind.

TIA:)

Over 40. Dark hair. Fair, with mild-moderate Rosacea. Finicky skin. Did I mention--Gorgeous? ;)

Page 1 of 1
Nellie B1348160721.3472692 PostsRegistered 4/11/2009

After I heard about this on Dr. Oz I purchased the item.

I lost about 70 lbs. since March, which I attribute solely to food management and exercise equipment.

edited for incorrect word

Last edited on 9/20/2012

Last edited on 9/20/2012

suzieQ4me1348160966.714351 PostsRegistered 7/12/2007

When it first had it's big "push" (seems like about 2 or 3 months ago), I read about it and watched the forums here. Some who posted here said it did nothing for them. So far I haven't tried it, but will be watching this thread to see what answers you get! Let us know if you purchase and how it worked for you!

glmama1348178871.3518291 PostsRegistered 12/8/2006

Suzie & Nellie-Thanks so much for the replies. I realized later today that there is another current thread on ketones (and coffee extract?). I apologize-I realize that it's everyone's pet peeve to have multiple threads on the same subject.

That being said, WOW, Nellie, congrats on the weight loss. It sounds like you've incorporated the ketones into your diet but don't credit it with your weight loss? I'd love to know how you've utilized them. And if you've already posted your experience on the other thread, I'll check there, too. :)

Suzie--I will be watching the other thread and this one and see if it has the benefits Dr. Oz and some others claim it does.

Over 40. Dark hair. Fair, with mild-moderate Rosacea. Finicky skin. Did I mention--Gorgeous? ;)

jpie1348179065.51719 PostsRegistered 7/3/2007

Raspberry ketones were not what they were cracked up to be. However, you may want to research Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules as being more effective for weight-loss support.

sillybugs1348179409.863763 PostsRegistered 8/8/2009

I've heard 3 people on TV today talking about these Ketones and their "claim" was that it gave them more energy, non of them used them for weight loss. I did a little bit of research, been busy today, and everything that I read said that when used in combination with a healthy diet and exercise they support weight loss. I may pick some up tomorrow when I'm out running errands and give them a try. I've regained most of the weight I lost earlier in the year, I stopped making good food choices and exercising, lol!

Skin: Combo/mild seborrheic dermatitis around sides of nose/forehead, sensitive/reactive, fine lines just starting around eyes.
Hair: Salt & pepper, normal, mild seborrheic dermatitis on scalp, shoulder length bob.

glmama1348186651.52718291 PostsRegistered 12/8/2006

sillybugs-Those of us that have struggled with their weight completely understand! It's so tough. I'm just wary of these reports and news claims.

Thanks, jpie--I will look into the ACV capsules.

jpie1348196902.1071719 PostsRegistered 7/3/2007
On 9/20/2012 glmama said:

sillybugs-Those of us that have struggled with their weight completely understand! It's so tough. I'm just wary of these reports and news claims.

Thanks, jpie--I will look into the ACV capsules.

You are welcome I got mine at SwansonVitamins and drugstore/skinstore.

ID21348221591.791783 PostsRegistered 6/25/2012

Ladies, ladies. You know there is no such thing as popping a magic pill, right? That's what bothers me the most about Dr. Oz. He makes it sound like all you need to do is take raspberry ketones and BAM you lose weight! THE only way to lose weight and keep it off is eat healthy and exercise your hiney off! Plain and simple. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"Pure Michigan"

Nellie B1348228587.382692 PostsRegistered 4/11/2009
On 9/20/2012 glmama said:

Suzie & Nellie-Thanks so much for the replies. I realized later today that there is another current thread on ketones (and coffee extract?). I apologize-I realize that it's everyone's pet peeve to have multiple threads on the same subject.

That being said, WOW, Nellie, congrats on the weight loss. It sounds like you've incorporated the ketones into your diet but don't credit it with your weight loss? I'd love to know how you've utilized them. And if you've already posted your experience on the other thread, I'll check there, too. :)

Suzie--I will be watching the other thread and this one and see if it has the benefits Dr. Oz and some others claim it does.

At first I was very conscientious about taking them and I had reached a plateau and thought I would give them a shot. But I also opted to buy a few pieces of exercise equipment and I forgot to take them......so I really attribute my weight loss, still continuing, to controlling my calories and exercising.

Also, I found that the raspberry ketones had a bad aftertaste, which did not help when it came to taking them religiously. I know, I know how could raspberries have a bad aftertaste....they do..

HTH

Page 1 of 1