Contributor

Ok Ladies, while I appreciate all of you, I want to hear only from those ladies who have strugged with weight loss. If you haven't been there, you have no idea what it's like. I need to hear from those of you who have been there. Please.

6 weeks ago I changed my life. I completely changed my diet and, now under medical supervision, am eating a very low calorie but very healthy diet.

I exercise regularly.

I have lost 12 pounds in 6 weeks, a very good and very healthy weight loss rate.

Now here is the thing: I still have almost 40 pounds to go. On one hand I am very happy because I can see the results on the scale. But on the other hand, although I know full well that I am not gonig to lose the weight overnight, it also seems so agonizingly slow, even though I know it's not.

Here is my question: when you all went through this, what kept you going? I know I am making great progress, but yesterday while I was at the store I looked longingly at the chips and other junk food that can no longer be a part of my life. I did not buy it, because I know it's not worth it, but I sure wanted to.

I have a problem with food. I cannot have chips "in moderation." I am not yet capable of doing that so please don't tell me that everything is ok "in moderation." I am not self diciplined enough to have anything "in moderation" right now.

What i'm talking about is the moment in time where you realize that even though you're making progress, the goal seems sooooooooooo far away. 12 pounds is great, I know that, but looking at 40 more is just, well, disheartening to me.

Anyone have any tips, suggestions, motivations, anything, that can get me through this down spot? I already know I'm going to be healthier, live longer, blah blah blah, what I'm looking for is just some bits of . . . something . . . to get me through the day to day temptations.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!