Super Contributor

Anyone had/have costochondritis?

I was diagnosed with this on Monday after sitting at urgent care for 3 hours. I see my family doctor on Wednesday for a follow-up.

From what I've read online, costochondritis does not sound like what I have. My pain feels like it is behind my right rib and it extends to my side and back. It doesn't hurt to cough, sneeze or breathe, I just have a constant, dull pain that seems to hurt more after I eat and in the evening. The doctor checked my urine for possible kidney issue, but that was normal. I'm hoping it is not anything more serious.

I also read about a possible connection between fibromyalgia and costochondritis. Are the two linked? I am tired ALL the time, but don't have other pain.

The doctor prescribed me 3 Motrin plus Ultram which is for moderate to severe pain. I haven't had the prescription for the Ultram filled - the pain just doesn't seem that bad and I hate getting groggy from medicine.

I have read that costo can take 6 months to a year to clear up and for some people it is chronic. Uggh!

Anyone ever had this and can offer advice?

Thanks in advance!