Valued Contributor

I need recs for a soft and comfortable walking shoe please. Thanks for your suggestions.

Do they even make a walking or athletic shoe without those hard uncomfortable /_/ points around the back of a tennis/walking shoe?

Please recommend a (wide sz 8) comfortable brand (found other than at Q) I can use to get back to walking with. I have loved two pairs of soft Rykas for years but the newer ones with the same item no. is not cut the same and not tall enough at the tips of the toes, ugh! Now I need to find something I can live with. I have tried 2 or 3 Rykas and sent them back.

I have sensitive skin and a soft shoe is a must. I have been wearing a ortho shoe or boot for months recovering from a crush injury I got while shopping at a furniture store..... (Furniture was not displayed properly. Cabinet was put on display on it's side (and left there as is) and it appeared to be a tv cabinet with drawers (which is what we were shopping for). Part of that came down on the top of my foot. It happened last Spring.)

Thank you in advance for your recs. I would like to get them at a local store and not order on line.