Honored Contributor

I am starting tomorrow - any one follow the plan and tips.

Thanks much

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

There is no doubt cutting high carb foods, white foods, alcohol and sugar will render weight loss. You have to stick with it and it becomes a way of life. If you're addicted to mash potatoes, there's a wonderful recipe for steamed cauliflower that is blended and mashed- sprinkled with just a bit of cheese it tastes great.

The problem I have with Atkins is too much fat is included. We do need a certain amount of fat in our diets, but not to the excess American's eat. I'm not familiar with the Dukan Diet because I have no weight to lose. I've learned good eating habits and no longer crave high carb foods and a bunch of hidden sugar. I also enjoy my Nutribullet and get a lot of nutrients in my green drinks with many yummy recipes.

To be fair, I have never been grossly over-weight, but did have 20 lbs to shed. It's been 15 years and I've kept my ideal weight of 120 just with common sense.

I don't drink anything but water (besides occasional tea). I got off all diet soda type drinks 3 or 4 years ago. They taste awful and purified water tastes so much better. I probably drink more water than necessary but it's a habit now. I sometimes add some lemon.

I'm not suggesting my diet. I'm saying find a healthy diet first, then make it a way of life.. NOT a diet. You'll want to eat that way forever. Eating small and frequently keeps your metabolism at its peak. Never starve yourself. That's foolish and doesn't work. When you find the right way of life to suit you, you'll naturally stay with it, or adapt it on occasion if you find yourself losing too much weight.

Just my nickle.

Honored Contributor
kitkom said nothing nasty. Whether you need to lose 10 pounds or 100, if you "go on a diet" to lose weight then "go off the diet" after you've lost it, you will regain. I am sure that there are people who can and will LIVE Dukan and be very successful. What works for me is "no grain, no dairy, no added salt, no added sugar", moderate exercise most days. 85 pounds gone, feel like a million bucks, not too hard to maintain. Atkins does not REQUIRE the consumption of high amounts of fats, but ALLOWS a lot of animal fat to be eaten. I've come to think personally that if something is called "diet" it's unlikely that I'll be successful with it. xoxo, if you've done lots of personal research and you see several elements in Dukan's work that you think will help you to successfully manage your weight, give it a go and see. Just DON'T blame yourself if you don't keep weight off after losing it. If Dukan or any other DIET was as good as he says it is, nobody would be overweight, and I know that because I've done 'em all.
Honored Contributor
By the way, 4KICKS advises not to eat at night, while I ONLY eat at night, and for the first time in my life am succeeding at managing my weight. 4KICKS has found something that is absolutely right for her, and I have found something that is absolutely right for me. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT. I've maintained an 85 pound weight loss for 6 months, no plan to stop what I'm doing.
Honored Contributor

what did any one re hash my 2 1/2 year old thread?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor
On 10/18/2014 I am still oxox said:

Just noticed the date issue on another thread, but hope you are doing well ! Someone seems to have pulled up a lot of oldies.
Valued Contributor
On 10/18/2014 I am still oxox said:

did you go on the dukan diet? I'm curious because I am starting it today!
Honored Contributor
On 10/18/2014 Funloving said:

There is no doubt cutting high carb foods, white foods, alcohol and sugar will render weight loss. You have to stick with it and it becomes a way of life. If you're addicted to mash potatoes, there's a wonderful recipe for steamed cauliflower that is blended and mashed- sprinkled with just a bit of cheese it tastes great.

The problem I have with Atkins is too much fat is included. We do need a certain amount of fat in our diets, but not to the excess American's eat. I'm not familiar with the Dukan Diet because I have no weight to lose. I've learned good eating habits and no longer crave high carb foods and a bunch of hidden sugar. I also enjoy my Nutribullet and get a lot of nutrients in my green drinks with many yummy recipes.

To be fair, I have never been grossly over-weight, but did have 20 lbs to shed. It's been 15 years and I've kept my ideal weight of 120 just with common sense.

I don't drink anything but water (besides occasional tea). I got off all diet soda type drinks 3 or 4 years ago. They taste awful and purified water tastes so much better. I probably drink more water than necessary but it's a habit now. I sometimes add some lemon.

I'm not suggesting my diet. I'm saying find a healthy diet first, then make it a way of life.. NOT a diet. You'll want to eat that way forever. Eating small and frequently keeps your metabolism at its peak. Never starve yourself. That's foolish and doesn't work. When you find the right way of life to suit you, you'll naturally stay with it, or adapt it on occasion if you find yourself losing too much weight.

Just my nickle.

That's my problem with ATkins---far too much fat. I'm not on the Dukan diet, but it seems fairly reasonable.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

I made the cauliflower pizza crust yesterday, and my husband really enjoyed it. I have made great strides in changing my bad eating habits with the help of Dukan. However, in order to sustain a lifelong change, I have modified to include vegetables. I watch the fat content of foods, but the carb craving is pretty much non existent. I do enjoy a glass of wine when I want it. I am still at the 10 lb loss, but I am quite happy with that. I plan to go back on the 'attack phase' in the near future to see if that gets the scale going again. Dukan has been the only thing to get me past day one of a diet plan.