Regular Contributor

I was recently diagnosed with a rare cancer called Leiomyosarcoma. My insurance company is refusing to pay for the treatment I need. The final 3rd level external appeal was submitted yesterday and I will have an answer in 72 hours. If they deny coverage, the proton therapy I need will cost $60,000. This has been a very emotional and trying time for me. I believe in the power of prayer and I hope the review committee will find it in their hearts to approve the treatment I need. Traditional radiation would cause severe damage to my heart and lungs.

Thank You,

Julie

Valued Contributor

Re: O/T Prayers needed please

Sending thoughts and prayers your way! Sure hope you can get the treatment that you need and deserve. Stay strong. I admire your tenacity. It is sad that a person dealing with cancer has to endure the additional stress of battling with insurance companies.
Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Julie, I just read your post. Blessings as you move forward with your treatment. I pray you be amazed. Remembering your mom as well. Try not to stress. You are in good hands.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

May God hold you and your mother in the palm of His hand. Please keep us updated.

Respected Contributor

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

I just read this this morning. So happy you're going to be getting what you need. I will be praying for you and your mother. It seems like when it rains it pours. It is comforting to know that you have your faith. Mine has gotten me through so much. Keep looking up and may God protect you under the shadow of his wings. My mother used to say....think of a mother hen and her chicks under her wings. God be with you in a special way.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/11/2012 Arley said:

Julie - I am soo sorry for your problem. I think it is a disgrace what is happening in this country when someone is diagnosed with a catastrophic illness and not only are they afraid of their disease they have to be frightened with the insurance co. This can happen to any one of us. Something has to be done in this country so that you can get the treatment you need without having to FIGHT for your life but a CORPORATION!!!! I had a transplant and I know how scarey it is. I was fortunate but not everybody is. God Bless you and I will be praying for you!!!! The people in this country need to put a stop to the greedy insurance compaanys!!!!

Arley

I thought the ACA was suppose to end insurance companies from declining treatments !!!

My prayers are with you Julie - stay positive and please know people are praying for you.

I am so ANGRY about this - let me get off this thread before I get into trouble.

Trusted Contributor

JerseyGirlNj......I am a Jersey girl also. Thank God you were approved for your treatment. Always believe in the power of prayers, those prayers will help you get through this. I was diagnosed with colon cancer a few years ago and after my operation, I had a severe seizure, never had one in my life. I was in critical care and I thank God that I had the prayers of all my family, friends and my priest. God is good, miracles happen everyday, I feel I was one of them and you are too.. My prayers are with you. God bless you and I know you will be getting on with your life soon. Keep the faith, stay positive and be strong. Remember God is watching over you and you will come through this. I don't know your religion, but my mother always told me to pray to the Blessed Mother because Jesus never refuses his mother when she asks him for something. Hugs from one Jersey girl to another.
Trusted Contributor

I DEFINATELY BELIEVE in the POWER of PRAYER. Know it is done. Please keep us informed about your progress.