Super Contributor

~ Asking a question of those who have had a total knee replacement ~

Hi all ......

I am very concerned about something, and I'm coming to you all for input. My right knee - the one that had the TKR in May - is doing absolutely beautifully. I can't believe how well it feels. I'm so grateful I had it done.
But, about a month ago, my cat was at my feet at the sink, just sitting there, and when I turned to walk away, I fell flat on my knees and arms. I sat on the floor for a minute, totally afraid I'd injured that knee. My arms hurt, my left knee hurt, but my right knee (the one with the artificial joint) felt GREAT! Thank goodness. So, I got up, and for the next week had black and blue marks all over my arms. Well, since that happened, my left knee hurts and today during church it was really hurting .... the outside of the knee and some hurting down the leg. I'm wondering if I've torn the meniscus ..... I dread the thought. I think if it doesn't clear up soon, I'll call my doctor and go in ..... /> If he does suspect a meniscus tear, I don't know what to do .... go for the arthroscopic surgery (had 2 on my right knee before the TKR) or just get it over with and get the knee replaced. I feel at some point that is inevitable.<br/> I'd really appreciate some input from you all and advice also.<br/> Many thanks,<br/> abby<br/> <br/></p>