Honored Contributor

Fibro ladies, mattress recommendations please?

I posted elsewhere but thought maybe one of you could fill me in on what works for you. I usually buy very nice mattresses from the Q, but just now I need a very good memory foam mattress with three or four layers. Please give me any suggestions that work for you. Memory foam is a must!
Valued Contributor

Re: Fibro ladies, mattress recommendations please?

Interesting topic! I have fibromyalgia and memory form mattresses only made things worse for me....
Esteemed Contributor

Check this out. I purchased an expensive mattress with memory foam top; hated it! This topper saved the day. Best money I ever spent! Comfort beyond words!

http://www.overstock.com/search?keywords=wool mattress topper&SearchType=Header&TID=AUTOCOMPLETE&refccid=HR7YMLCFIA4YSVKCYXF2IJ4ZEU

Regular Contributor

I originally bought the Tempurpedic a year and a half ago but I slept so hot! Returned it for the Sleep Number i10 and love it!
Frequent Contributor

Another vote for sleep number. Mine is almost 15 yrs old and we love it. Memory foam made things worse.
Honored Contributor

I sure hope you ladies don't laugh when I tell you what I sleep on... first it started on my sleep number but I'd fiddle with the numbers and couldn't find relief on my lateral hips and back- you gals know all the sore spots.. anyway, I got a 4" foam topper and put that on top of the sleep number, well that just wasn't right so here comes the funny- I added two thin quilts and that made the difference.. it really did the job... also got a good Martha Stewart pillow and I sleep with only a polar fleece blanket for cover... Honestly when we travel I don't sleep worth a darn, fighting with those horrible mattresses... I have found quite the relief in my legs and hips- again it's funny what works for one doesn't work for another... I like the soft yet it's firm enough..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Peachysue said:

I sure hope you ladies don't laugh when I tell you what I sleep on... first it started on my sleep number but I'd fiddle with the numbers and couldn't find relief on my lateral hips and back- you gals know all the sore spots.. anyway, I got a 4" foam topper and put that on top of the sleep number, well that just wasn't right so here comes the funny- I added two thin quilts and that made the difference.. it really did the job... also got a good Martha Stewart pillow and I sleep with only a polar fleece blanket for cover... Honestly when we travel I don't sleep worth a darn, fighting with those horrible mattresses... I have found quite the relief in my legs and hips- again it's funny what works for one doesn't work for another... I like the soft yet it's firm enough..

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Trusted Contributor

I have chronic lower back issues, and our memory foam mattress is a real killer for me. I can hardly straighten up in the morning. My doc suspects fibro, but wants me to do specific core strengthening to see if it helps.

So, I am going to physical therapy, and it is starting to work. On my PT days, when we've worked on my core strength, I sleep more comfortably.

The most comfortable sleep I get, though, is when I fall asleep in my LaZBoy....took me a few trips to different stores to find a model that really supported my lower back.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

LOL adelle! Now you'a talking.. it isn't quite that high but you're on the right track...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Peachysue said:

LOL adelle! Now you'a talking.. it isn't quite that high but you're on the right track...

Just make sure you take off your crown before you go to bed.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.