Honored Contributor

Anyone take a melatonin supplement???

I'm considering taking one and would appreciate knowing others' experiences. How much do you take? What are the side effects? How long before bed do you take it? Any other information I should know? Thank you!!!

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone take a melatonin supplement???

My physician is also on a homeopathic kick right now and has me on it. I take 3 mg. nightly, which I laugh at. I do it to make him happy. It's like drinking a bubble of water. It does absolutely nothing.

Some people will take up to 5,000 mg. three times a day without much effect.

Natural plant derivatives haven't much effect on the body in small doses. This one in particular is no stronger than a mild cup of tea. If you hear people talking of acute side effects, you can be assured the source is something else. They might not recognize this but it's true.

The accumulative affects of melatonin would require large mega doses over a long period of time to have any good sedative affects on a person consistently.

That's why I laugh at my pitiful 3 mg. per night. A newborn could handle that dose !!but by taking it I don't have to tell a lie to my physician and it keeps him off my back !! Smile

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone take a melatonin supplement???

On 10/18/2014 Boostaboosta Werk said:

In testing %