Regular Contributor

May I have a pity party....please?

I have been so sick since last Sunday...the doctor says it's a virus so I just have to "ride it out".

It starts out with a VERY scratchy throat that makes your voice sound like you are a male baritone...then comes the tickle in the throat...mine is so bad that since Wed. I get coughing jags every 20 minutes...can't sleep even sitting up! And I'm coughing so bad that it is effecting my bad neck. Since late Friday both of my ears have been plugged and boy do they tickle way deep down.

Everything is in the throat...no fever, no vomiting, just a very bad cough with plugged ears and very sore ribs from coughing.

Thank you for letting me vent/cry...all I want is some sleep.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: May I have a pity party....please?

That bug sounds like my allergy symptoms.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Are these northern states? I haven't seen a report on the news yet where they usually color in states and say, this or that is going around. Wonder if it's in many states or parts of the country. You could just give section of the country if you don't want to say what state..

Respected Contributor

This thread was started in 2011 - is this one of the troll threads?

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/21/2015 luvmyteddy said:

This thread was started in 2011 - is this one of the troll threads?

Yes. There's a discussion on VP re this person and the number of threads brought forward during the middle of the night last night.

Super Contributor

I hope you get better soon and that your doctor gives you some meds for your cough. Take care.

Super Contributor

My daughter had something very similar this week. She just got back from the doctor and she told her she has bronchitis. I used to get horrible, just horrible coughs in my 40s and 50s. I would be up the entire night coughing and my ribs would hurt so much the next morning. Finally,one time when I was so sick, I went into the my own doctor after going to Urgent Care the night before. I actually broke down crying and begged him for some cough medicine that would actually work. He prescribed one with codeine and my cough stopped almost instantly. I called that cough syrup "liquid gold" and when my cough was gone, I hid it so no one else would use it in case I ever got that cough again. I did and out came the cough syrup every time. I found that they will not prescribe it unless you ask them for a strong cough syrup. I have found , in the last few years , that Robitussin Maximum Strength works pretty well also.